• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 237 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now I remember why I once really liked this guy lol. 🥰 Not thinking about the daughter especially but it takes a certain man to go for the older woman.
He's hard to actively dislike; although easy to be neutral about, I think. He seems to genuinely enjoy being around his family. That's something I can't always say! Of course, I have two teenagers.:rolleyes:

That aside, I think he might be wise to play things close to the vest in the first week if he's feeling a good. A perfect situation would see Pog in yellow after Galibier (or even after Stage 1), so UAE has to control and use some energy. I think for sure Wout and maybe Laporte will have to ride themselves into shape.

That aside, I think he might be wise to play things close to the vest in the first week if he's feeling a good. A perfect situation would see Pog in yellow after Galibier (or even after Stage 1), so UAE has to control and use some energy. I think for sure Wout and maybe Laporte will have to ride themselves into shape.
It is interesting, normally, they should make it a hard race to favour his recovery advantage. But yeah this time around it might be worth it to fly under the radar a little bit; that being said UAE are fully aware that they have to conserve some matches for third week. Also I think realistically half the UAE team could be decently placed in GC halfway through the race, might make them more likely to try and stay in the group instead of conserving energy.

- Jeg havde rigtig, rigtig ondt – ikke bare ikke ribbenene, men inde i kroppen. Der kunne jeg godt mærke, at det var fra lungen, og da jeg hostede blod op, vidste jeg godt, at den ikke var helt god.

- Derfra blev jeg kørt på hospitalet, hvor de først tjekkede min kollapsede lunge, som jeg havde. De satte et dræn i om aftenen, og jeg tror, at jeg havde et dræn i lungen i otte dage, og udover det havde jeg brækket adskillige knogler
- I was really, really hurting - not just my ribs, but inside my body. I could tell it was from my lung and when I coughed up blood, I knew it wasn't quite right.

- From there I was taken to the hospital where they first checked my collapsed lung, which I had. They put a drain in that evening and I think I had a drain in my lung for eight days and on top of that I had broken several bones

He's hard to actively dislike; although easy to be neutral about, I think. He seems to genuinely enjoy being around his family. That's something I can't always say! Of course, I have two teenagers.:rolleyes:

It won't be easy for Jonas to play things close to the vest. This is a cracking start to the Tour. Like last year, the GC battle starts early.