• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 280 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Realistically though, this World course is not a climber's race. I know it has a lot of elevation gain, but its an easier race than San Sebastian, Liege and Lombardia IMO. Its not a bad course for Jonas, but it doesn't really suit him and I cannot see how he stands any chance at all to win the race tbh.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

"I hope that it will be me that we ride for (in Zurich ed.). I also hope that Jonas Vingegaard rides," 23-year-old Skjelmose says in conversation with Danish outlet Ekstra Bladet. "I think that it could make Denmark's medal chances much greater if we are both present''

He also mention co-captain and says greater chances with both which I agree on.

But point is expecting Vingegaard to win or even podium is kinda just wishful thinking based on any career results his entire career that is all, hardly a surprise he isnt good enough at it when he never has been good enough at it before that is all and funny that someone is actually surprised.

Reactions: Sandisfan
"I hope that it will be me that we ride for (in Zurich ed.). I also hope that Jonas Vingegaard rides," 23-year-old Skjelmose says in conversation with Danish outlet Ekstra Bladet. "I think that it could make Denmark's medal chances much greater if we are both present''

He also mention co-captain and says greater chances with both which I agree on.

But point is expecting Vingegaard to win or even podium is kinda just wishful thinking based on any career results his entire career that is all, hardly a surprise he isnt good enough at it when he never has been good enough at it before that is all and funny that someone is actually surprised.
Can you quote the part that states that Vingegaard will go as a dom as you claimed?

Vingegaard isn't going to Zürich to be a dom for Skjelmose, thats nonsense, and thats not what was said either by Skjelmose either at all.
You think he will beat skjelmose? I sure not. And it was said during a interview before the OL he hoped he would have him as a helper in Zurich. Vingegaard never ever been top 10 and clearly not good enough for challenging for a podium there, he is not good enough for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan