• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Julian Arredondo discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Time to give this a bump, wonder if other people still believe in, he is going back to Nippo and the doctors there said they think he can resolve his problems that kept him from being at his best in the last 2 years. He is one of the most friendly guys in the peloton, really hope he can make a comeback and show his talents.

Colombian media ran an article a few months back saying the saddle thing is an excuse and he's been struggling with gambling addiction, but I have no idea if it's reliable.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Colombian media ran an article a few months back saying the saddle thing is an excuse and he's been struggling with gambling addiction, but I have no idea if it's reliable.
Would you mind providing a link for this?

I tried but nothing shows up. And I don't know if "saddle thing" is somehow related to a cervical issue.

Re: Re:

slosada said:
GuyIncognito said:
Would you mind providing a link for this?

I tried but nothing shows up. And I don't know if "saddle thing" is somehow related to a cervical issue.

Not off the top of my head, as it's been a couple months. I'll look through my browser history when I get home.

My understanding is that he had a major problem down by the tailbone/hip area that needed a lot of rehab. Had to learn how to ride a bike again, considered career threatening. 2 years of work. This was late in 2014 so wasn't surprised that Trek didn't re-sign him. I'm happy to hear he is going back to Nippo where he started it all but my understanding is that he may not (or may never be) fully healed from that medical issue. I don't recall if it was a complication of a fall or from something else. First I hear of the gambling issue.

http://m.elcolombiano.com/deportes/ciclismo/arredondo-paso-lo-peor-EX7707798
Julián had a surgery last Tuesday and he's expected to rest for 20 weeks, most of it on bed.
The article says that he tried healthcare professionals in USA, Italy and Spain but nobody gave a diagnosis, until he met a Dr in Colombia. They took some time a finally found that his pyramidal muscle was overdeveloped, causing a pressure on the sciatic nerve when contracted.
He's in good spirits. And it's also mentioned that his contract with Nippo is over.
------------
First question I have is why it was rather sudden what looks to be a birth condition or at least gradual.

Second is more looking to a time plan, he would resume biking in April, so next season is gone, then he would need to prove he's back in 2019, before getting a pro contract by 2020, at the age of 32

Re:

slosada said:
http://m.elcolombiano.com/deportes/ciclismo/arredondo-paso-lo-peor-EX7707798
Julián had a surgery last Tuesday and he's expected to rest for 20 weeks, most of it on bed.
The article says that he tried healthcare professionals in USA, Italy and Spain but nobody gave a diagnosis, until he met a Dr in Colombia. They took some time a finally found that his pyramidal muscle was overdeveloped, causing a pressure on the sciatic nerve when contracted.
He's in good spirits. And it's also mentioned that his contract with Nippo is over.
------------
First question I have is why it was rather sudden what looks to be a birth condition or at least gradual.

Second is more looking to a time plan, he would resume biking in April, so next season is gone, then he would need to prove he's back in 2019, before getting a pro contract by 2020, at the age of 32
Well, good luck to him. Hope that they solve the problem.
And you are right, it could be a bit late for him.

There is an interview with him in Mundo Ciclistico. It is mostly in Spanish, but nowadays it can be easily translated into English.

He is talking about his life in retirement and how much he misses the bicycle. For health issues he could not ride anymore. Couldn't feel his right leg. He had 2 surgeries without success. He did not want to do a 3rd surgery and decided to retire.

https://www.revistamundociclistico....despues-vi-que-no-era-bueno-julian-arredondo/

TRENDING THREADS