• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kik Confesses, Sort Of...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
Yes, let us all feel sorry for this bleach-blond bimbo with a divorce settlement the size of a lottery payout who doesn't have to work a day in her life, who was intimately involved in the biggest sporting fraud we've ever seen, and who now wants us to pity her.

thats not fair. The money went to paying for her collagen lips and the silicon screwed onto her chest.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
aawwwh, u just jealous Sheryl has a soft spot for Matt Lauer

I'm English and I don't know who Matt Lauer is, I was just thinking that Armstrongs relationship with Crow broke Down because he said in his autobiography she wanted kids and he didn't.

You could put Armstrong's kids in any school up and Down the country right now and guarantee they will be getting bullied. As I alluded to shrewd women.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
To think Sheryl Crow wanted Armstrong to father her kids as well #Dumbass

The Sheryl Crow thing IS weird.

Lance: "Sheryl, baby, I know you've heard a few stories about me doping! And I want you to know-they're all true!! I'm glad we've had this little chat. Now where's my syringe of EPO?"

Sheryl: "Oh, Lance, you know I love it when you're being secretive!"

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else remember when she interviewed Lance during one of the tours after they had broken up? It was one of the most creepy interviews I've ever seen, I thought she was going to service him right there. At that point I lost any respect for her.

ChewbaccaD said:
I read the piece and my take is a bit different than many here.

First: She does make it clear that she has a dirty past, and if you read the 202 pages, you know exactly what she is talking about without her having to give a single detail.

Second: Are any of you divorced? Do any of you have to deal with children who have two houses? Do any of you understand the damage done to children when one parent betrays and derides the other? Do any of you really understand how ****ed-up it is to do that to a kid? Do all of you realize that she is caring for 3 children who's father is the biggest fraud in sporting history? Do any of you see any reason why her piling on would be anything but a) useless; and b) hurt her kids even more?

Sure, she could have been one of those to come clean. Sure, she knows the dirty details. Sure, she could put the nail in the coffin if she wanted. But on a real level, there are far more important things for her to consider in this. Any of you who have children who think in her spot, there is a clear, easy answer to what you'd do are full of sh!t. She's got no good options. My hope is that she took her settlement and any spousal and child support and invested wisely because the Lance well is going to run dry. I have always said I felt sorry for his kids, and I was not being a d!ck when I said that. I really do. Imagine what they are going through because of no fault of their own. They don't deserve any of this.

/RANT

Fair enough, I agree that she's facing a tough situation and it's not a simple as 'she should pile on because it's the right thing to do and what I wanna see'.

She's still a ****ty writer, though.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
gearmasher said:
Does anyone else remember when she interviewed Lance during one of the tours after they had broken up? It was one of the most creepy interviews I've ever seen, I thought she was going to service him right there. At that point I lost any respect for her.
what about the interview before the Chicago marathon about 18 months ago?

ChewbaccaD said:

Second: Are any of you divorced? Do any of you have to deal with children who have two houses? Do any of you understand the damage done to children when one parent betrays and derides the other? Do any of you really understand how ****ed-up it is to do that to a kid? Do all of you realize that she is caring for 3 children who's father is the biggest fraud in sporting history? Do any of you see any reason why her piling on would be anything but a) useless; and b) hurt her kids even more?

/RANT

I'm calling you on your Rant

1. You are a law student

2. Your insight reflects that of the child, and not the parent

Both of which would tend to confirm that 'kids are smarter than their parents think' as noted above.

She is fooling herself if she believes what she said. She is trying to pull one over on us in either case.

Dave.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Gnome said:
no kidding...and she even prides herself on her honesty...quite a clan they got there...now if she had written something like "anyone who thinks I am gonna do anything to stop this gravytrain I have been riding, then you need to go on medication" I might give her a minor kudos...

Lisa
Shields

how many confidentiality agreements can one family have?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Her silence is deafening. It's people like Kristen who the Omertà wants. She's a liar as much as Armstrong or any of those other riders. They have kids too. So? She's deceived people, standing up and acting self-righteous. Fake smile, non-genuine Kik.

Kristin had as much, or MORE, to do with the doping than any of those USPS riders. Multiple USPS riders testified that she obtained and provided them drugs. She was the one wrapping the drugs in tin foil to evade detection! Just sick! She's lucky she didn't get busted at the border or she really would be in jail.

Don't tell me she doesn't deserve criticism. Kristin is disgraceful! Why does she deserve a cush job while others who have been honest and de the right thing are the ones who are jobless and struggling?

with this post, I thought there was a relevant question:

"how did Raimondas Rumsas' wife do?

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
She is lieing again. There was no Non-disclosure agreement. If there was, which there isn't, how valid would it be? It's like Kristen saying, "hey everybody, the reason why I won't own up to anything is because I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the drug dealer supplying the steroids saying that I can't say anything about this illegal activity that I participated in."

agreed,

She would be signing like bird if Lance was broke...so soon I guess.

Lame

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
gearmasher said:

blackcat said:
what about the interview before the Chicago marathon about 18 months ago?

I must have missed these...:eek: Why was she interviewing him?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
D-Queued said:
I'm calling you on your Rant

1. You are a law student

2. Your insight reflects that of the child, and not the parent

Both of which would tend to confirm that 'kids are smarter than their parents think' as noted above.

She is fooling herself if she believes what she said. She is trying to pull one over on us in either case.

Dave.

I'm going to call you on your interpretation.

My insight reflects that of one who is living in the reality of a split family with a former spouse who did some things that would reflect very badly upon her to our child, and did reflect very badly upon her to anyone who knew us. Having both participated in life after my divorce (my ex and I do not fight, nor do we ever disparage the other in the presence of our daughter. This is calculated. There is plenty to disparage about.) and knowing the psychological opinions of several family psychologists (I used to work on the mental health field) which are all that the worst thing you can do for your relationship with your child, and the relationship with your child and your former spouse is to put them into a position of hearing one parent disparage and try to poison (especially in detail) their relationship with the other parent. If Ms. Armstrong made a public admission at this point, that is the effect it would have. They would certainly ask themselves why their mother was doing this to their dad EVEN IF they think their dad is guilty.

Is short, you don't know what the f**k you're talking about. My view does take the welfare of the children as the paramount importance. If you rear children, I would hope you would do the same for them. Ms. Armstrong didn't pull the wool over anyone's eyes. If you cannot read into what she wrote, you are being willfully unobservant.

So in short, shove it up your *** dude. When you get some skin in this game of parenting after a divorce, I'll listen to what you have to say. Until then, you're just some dude on the intertubes who hates a cyclist.

If you are in such a position and believe there is something incorrect about what I posted, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. Further, if you are participating in such actions with your children, you're being psychologically abusive to your children.

Trey

EDIT: Also note that it isn't about what the kids know. What they know about their dad is what they know. They can read what happened, and they will hear it from lots of people. That has nothing to do with why you don't participate in that as the other parent. Nothing.

Ms. Armstrong and those kids are real people. They eat, sleep, and sh!t like the rest of us. The psychological rules don't change just because your dad is the most infamous man in sporting history.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Runners World keeping Kristin on as a columnist is worse than Nike. At least Nike dropped Lance.

I remember when Kristin started writing for Runners World. Her only credential was her last name. She wasn't much of a runner before she started writing. She just wrote sappy columns worrying about trivial details of life and glorifying her daily running. Way too much thought, emotion, and analysis.

I think it's pretty sad that she's retained her married name. She's just milking it for all she can.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
trailrunner said:
Runners World keeping Kristin on as a columnist is worse than Nike. At least Nike dropped Lance.

I remember when Kristin started writing for Runners World. Her only credential was her last name. She wasn't much of a runner before she started writing. She just wrote sappy columns worrying about trivial details of life and glorifying her daily running. Way too much thought, emotion, and analysis.

I think it's pretty sad that she's retained her married name. She's just milking it for all she can.

Runners World is in the business of selling ads and making profit from those ads. Their medium for doing that is to get people to write about running, and getting people to buy and read what those people are writing. It isn't rocket geometry. Ms. Armstrong brings in readers with her name. If you think this is about producing the most scientifically, well researched articles on different topics regarding running, you don't understand the print industry at all.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Runners World is in the business of selling ads and making profit from those ads. Their medium for doing that is to get people to write about running, and getting people to buy and read what those people are writing. It isn't rocket geometry. Ms. Armstrong brings in readers with her name. If you think this is about producing the most scientifically, well researched articles on different topics regarding running, you don't understand the print industry at all.

So do you think Nike should have continued sponsoring Lance?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
And let me be clear, if Lance ever admits his doping, the rules change on Ms. Armstrong's responses. But as long as he doesn't, she is not the person to inform them about their dad either in person, or by some medial response. They will find out all of that stuff themselves, but their mom should not be the source. If she is, it could eventually destroy her relationship with them EVEN IF THEY KNOW THEIR DAD DID IT. That's just the way it works. My guess is that, irrespective of what you want to say about Ms. Armstrong, she really loves her children. My guess is also that she is the type to consult psychological professionals about all of this. That woman has a psychologist on speed dial.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:

Who cares about well-researched scientific articles? They can still be a consumer oriented magazine that makes a profit -- and they can have a moral compass and let their readers know that doping is wrong and that they will not continue to give a platform to someone who enabled doping.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's leave the kids out of this and look at what the magazine should do--or rather, what its responsibility is in this case.

For me, that's the whole point. If they give a toss about clean sport, then out she goes. She facilitated doping.

Her contribution to the magazine is based solely on her last name, and her vapid, feel good blog entries, which may appeal to some readers, but not likely a majority.

TRENDING THREADS