• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kik Confesses, Sort Of...

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 9, 2009
Visit site
TexPat said:
Her contribution to the magazine is based solely on her last name, and her vapid, feel good blog entries, which may appeal to some readers, but not likely a majority.

I agree with you about the quality of her stories, but for better or worse, women are often the majority of the participants in the typical 10k or marathon. I don't know about their readers, but I have a feeling that women could be the majority of their readers.

Chewbacca is right that it's all about the $ and RW isn't stupid to alienate a huge segment of their demographics, but I absolutely agree that RW should do the right thing and stop giving her a platform.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
And let me be clear. I am in no way defending what Ms. Armstrong did. I mean, the fact that she kept his last name bothers me a bit, but that has nothing to do with my point.

I simply think there is another way to read what she wrote. Lance is a sociopath. The fact that he continues to deny what he did even though that will hurt all of the people in his life does not appear to faze him at all. The fact that his charity, that has helped many people, isn't important enough for him to do something that would save it infuriates me. I am not defending Livestrong here either. I wouldn't send them a dime, but I cannot deny that some people have been helped by the organization. Sure in the absence of Livestrong, those people would have received a lot of help, but I can't deny that they were helped by Livestrong either.

So don't take this as "TFF went to the dark side."

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
While being surprisingly aggressive in his response to Dave, Thought For Chewbacca IS correct about the well-known psychological ramifications of "one parent turning on the other", and that Ms. Armstrong could be totally justified in keeping her mouth shut about what she knows just to protect her children. What we don't know, however, is whether she actually is keeping her mouth shut to protect her kids, or if she has greater concerns about protecting herself and her "writing career", protecting an ex-husband and his flow of child support, or even protecting herself AGAINST that ex-husband. I'm not prepared to think of her as some "super mom", sacrificing herself for her children. If she was she would have dumped Lance as soon as she found out his career was and would be based on lying, cheating, and breaking the law.

I personally believe that one day in the next few year Ms. Armstrong will continue to follow her dream of being a writer and finally write her very own book. In this book she will throw her ex-husband to the wolves, whether he has confessed by then or not, purely for the sake of increased book sales. We will see how she handles the choice between "million-dollar book deal" and "keep quiet for the sake of the children."

Just curious if anyone read what she said.

It reeks of Omerta.

She is simply perpetuating Lance, but for her own gain.

i.e. "Don't abandon me, I simply tested positive for being a mother."

I can't help it if I was complicit in a fallacy.

Just let me keep making money via my fame by association.

Without LA no one would have ever heard of her.

She's a tramp.

~ Miss Gold-Digger

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
TexPat said:
Let's leave the kids out of this and look at what the magazine should do--or rather, what its responsibility is in this case.

For me, that's the whole point. If they give a toss about clean sport, then out she goes. She facilitated doping.

Her contribution to the magazine is based solely on her last name, and her vapid, feel good blog entries, which may appeal to some readers, but not likely a majority.

I agree completely. Kristin assisted the USPS team in the doping. She doesn't deserve the fame, riches, and super cushy job she has. And it's clear over the past 10 pages that the majority of people don't think very highly of her either.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
She's a coward. Didn't admit to jack. She knows stuff and is complicit with USPS cheating, but her cowardly silence says a lot about who she really is. She'll never apologize for anything.

Complicit and greedy. You don't stay married to a guy like that without expectations. As for media relations...she was in the business before Lance.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
silverrocket said:
While being surprisingly aggressive in his response to Dave, Thought For Chewbacca IS correct about the well-known psychological ramifications of "one parent turning on the other", and that Ms. Armstrong could be totally justified in keeping her mouth shut about what she knows just to protect her children. What we don't know, however, is whether she actually is keeping her mouth shut to protect her kids, or if she has greater concerns about protecting herself and her "writing career", protecting an ex-husband and his flow of child support, or even protecting herself AGAINST that ex-husband. I'm not prepared to think of her as some "super mom", sacrificing herself for her children. If she was she would have dumped Lance as soon as she found out his career was and would be based on lying, cheating, and breaking the law.

I personally believe that one day in the next few year Ms. Armstrong will continue to follow her dream of being a writer and finally write her very own book. In this book she will throw her ex-husband to the wolves, whether he has confessed by then or not, purely for the sake of increased book sales. We will see how she handles the choice between "million-dollar book deal" and "keep quiet for the sake of the children."

You're obviously unfamiliar with much of my work. When someone opens their post with "You're a law student" in an attempt to throw into doubt what I wrote, I'm going to respond in a direct manner regarding their post. I don't beat around bushes when I write.

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The women with LA

Wouldn't throw her under the bus completely yet. I am sorry for her. Her predicament and the scorn of all who sole focus is to damn LA.
She has children and while we don`t really know the extent of her involvement or even motivation in all of this, I would wager to guess her kids interests are the first thing she is thinking of. She starts off saying mostly I write about these things because I am a Mother. Thats enough for me.
Ask yourself if you would lie to protect your children??....esp. about something so trivial as cheating in sports.
her story is interesting for sure.
Lets also get some statements and put pressure on Crowe to talk.
Maybe she´ll write a song about it.

knewcleardaze said:
Call me crazy, but I don't see a million dollar book deal in Kristin Armstrong's future.

What are you talking about? She's already cashed in. Both of them are con-artists.

72613.jpg

4391086.jpg

images

May 9, 2009
Visit site
GuidoG said:
She has children and while we don`t really know the extent of her involvement or even motivation in all of this, I would wager to guess her kids interests are the first thing she is thinking of. She starts off saying mostly I write about these things because I am a Mother. Thats enough for me.
Ask yourself if you would lie to protect your children??....esp. about something so trivial as cheating in sports.

So if you have kids you're not accountable for your past misdeeds?

knewcleardaze said:
Thank you for enlightening me. I was not aware she was a successful author.

The Armstrong's are the American Dream. Conning the cancer survivors, then they divorced and she started milking the dirvorcee market and so and so on.

Want to barf? Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm35dhgPO58

This was filmed after their divorce. Just look at them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUIK_6aCnM&feature=relmfu

Can't believe they say sport makes them feel clean.

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
The Armstrong's are the American Dream. Conning the cancer survivors, then they divorced and she started milking the dirvorcee market and so and so on.

This was filmed after their divorce. Just look at them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUIK_6aCnM&feature=relmfu

:eek:

I didn't know that Kristin had interviewed him for Runner's World. That was weird. What a pair-I'm starting to think they belong together and may get back together after all this.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
You're obviously unfamiliar with much of my work. When someone opens their post with "You're a law student" in an attempt to throw into doubt what I wrote, I'm going to respond in a direct manner regarding their post. I don't beat around bushes when I write.

For better or worse I am familiar with your work, so I actually wasn't THAT surprised at your aggressive response. Exactly what I would expect from someone who is just a law student.;)

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

I still haven't gotten the barf out of my mouth from looking at Ms.Armstrong's book covers, so I'll have to watch these videos later.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
What are you talking about? She's already cashed in. Both of them are con-artists.

72613.jpg

4391086.jpg

images

Book #3, coming soon to a discount bin near you:

My Invisible Pack of Sadness:
A Still Unfinished Woman's Guide to Becoming Rich and Famous Through Lying, Cheating, and Name Association

by Kristin Armstrong

May 27, 2012
Visit site
silverrocket said:
For better or worse I am familiar with your work, so I actually wasn't THAT surprised at your aggressive response. Exactly what I would expect from someone who is just a law student.;)

And just what I'd expect from someone I couldn't ****ing care less about. Who are you again?:rolleyes:

trailrunner said:
I agree with you about the quality of her stories, but for better or worse, women are often the majority of the participants in the typical 10k or marathon. I don't know about their readers, but I have a feeling that women could be the majority of their readers.

Then let Runner's World find another woman with a better storyline than hers. Can't be that difficult, and it's not like she's an elite runner. She's not.

trailrunner said:
Chewbacca is right that it's all about the $ and RW isn't stupid to alienate a huge segment of their demographics, but I absolutely agree that RW should do the right thing and stop giving her a platform.

Runner's World will not alienate a huge segment of their audience by firing her. What, is she too big to fail? There is nothing, and I mean nothing this woman writes about that would bring the magazine down if her column was no longer printed.

And Chebacca is wrong. We don't need a confession from Armstrong for Runner's World to fire Kristen. She can be shown the door RIGHT NOW and the magazine and its' readers won't skip a beat.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
And just what I'd expect from someone I couldn't ****ing care less about. Who are you again?:rolleyes:

If you don't know who I am how would you know what to expect from me, or that you "couldn't ****ing care less about" me? Or are all your default emotions negative until you can be convinced otherwise?

Also, since you apparently missed it, my quip about "just a law student" was a reference (which is why I italicized it) to how you were angrily responding to a previous poster who used that phrase to discard your opinion. I was making a little joke to show solidarity with you, since I also dislike when people pre-judge people's opinions based on that person's job, or race, or nationality. You, in turn, responded with words dripping with hate, but far from being embarrassed by your insult, I'm far more embarrassed that I ever gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm so disappointed I can't even muster up a good lawyer joke here...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:

unfamiliar with my work means, sorta like Lance: shut up even when I am being a total stupid idiot...or I will get really really dumb and vicious...I have kids and know so much better than you...so stand off or I will use my standing around this joint to kill you...talk about being self justified...oh and by the way being a proud member of the 12 means I helped bring down lance ect...I am delusional like that...I killed him, you didnt....