• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage film trailer

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Coming from you that doesn't surprise me at all. Kimmage might be a good journalist but he is increasingly looking mislead and aggressive. Listens to too many internet warriors rather than people who actually know things, taken in by UCI_Overload, only working out something was amiss when he couldn't keep up with Kimmage on a climb, while overlord was embezzling funds. Great judge of character then Paul.

His bating of Richard Moore on Twitter was particularly loathsome and not worthy of a journalist of his stature.

He needs to tone it down or he will become an irrelevance

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Coming from you that doesn't surprise me at all. Kimmage might be a good journalist but he is increasingly looking mislead and aggressive. Listens to too many internet warriors rather than people who actually know things, taken in by UCI_Overload, only working out something was amiss when he couldn't keep up with Kimmage on a climb, while overlord was embezzling funds. Great judge of character then Paul.

His bating of Richard Moore on Twitter was particularly loathsome and not worthy of a journalist of his stature.

His comments to Richard Moore were nothing short of disgraceful.

Interesting he says the Times journalists are compromised in their reporting on Sky where it's an "in house" thing but wouldn't respond to Richard Moore's question about his agent offering him to Sky to do a punditry role for them. That is somewhat hypocritical if true.

gooner said:
His comments to Richard Moore were nothing short of disgraceful.

Interesting he says the Times journalists are compromised in their reporting on Sky where it's an "in house" thing but wouldn't respond to Richard Moore's question about his agent offering him to Sky to do a punditry role for them. That is somewhat hypocritical if true.

It's obvious that Moore is bought and paid for by Sky. Kimmage doesn't need to point that out. Walshe too.

Funnily enough this was a tactic discussed by a Sky exec just before they came into the sport as a way of muting doping talk.

Working isn't it.

JimmyFingers said:

Got to say I have lost a bit of respect for Kimmage lately, he seems to be acting as if he doesn't want the sport to be clean, he wants to go on all these radio shows saying how it is the dirtiest sport in the world, and carry on his lone crusade.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
bobbins said:
It's obvious that Moore is bought and paid for by Sky. Kimmage doesn't need to point that out. Walshe too.

Funnily enough this was a tactic discussed by a Sky exec just before they came into the sport as a way of muting doping talk.

Working isn't it.

It was Kimmage's agent who offered his services to Sky for the Tour. If you can't spot the hypocrisy in that after what he said to Richard Moore, Owen Slot and in the Second Captains programme, I don't know what to say. He had a chance to deny it straightout but refused to and instead responded with a low life comment in return. It wasn't Sky that went to Kimmage for his services, remember that.

Poursuivant said:
Got to say I have lost a bit of respect for Kimmage lately, he seems to be acting as if he doesn't want the sport to be clean, he wants to go on all these radio shows saying how it is the dirtiest sport in the world, and carry on his lone crusade.

Problem with your argument is that he has not gone on radio and said its the world most dirtiest sport.

He's gone on radio and suggested we should be asking questions.

Which he did. Froome's rise, is it normal? What about his Badzhilla? Power data?

etc.

I think you'll struggle to find him stating its the dirtiest sport in the world. Quite the contrary. He says its the most beautiful sport in the world.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
It was Kimmage's agent who offered his services to Sky for the Tour. If you can't spot the hypocrisy in that after what he said to Richard Moore, Owen Slot and in the Second Captains programme, I don't know what to say. He had a chance to deny it straightout but refused to and instead responded with a low life comment in return. It wasn't Sky that went to Kimmage for his services, remember that.

That is false.
Kimmage had already said he was not going to talk to Moore, yet Moore kept it up and asked that after.

Nor do I see as hypocritical - if its correct that PK attempted to pundit for Sky and it was rejected, actually adds to PKs point.
Don't rock the boat.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
That is false.
Kimmage had already said he was not going to talk to Moore, yet Moore kept it up and asked that after.

Nor do I see as hypocritical - if its correct that PK attempted to pundit for Sky and it was rejected, actually adds to PKs point.
Don't rock the boat.

For a guy who accuses journalists of being paid for and compromised by it, to then want to work for that said company is indeed hypocritical, especially as he told Walsh not to embed with Sky with this year and to do his reporting from the outside.

On the bolded part, it was a copout from answering the question but he had no problem in addressing him with a personal insult though.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
In the trailer Paul says that we are going to launch a criminal case against Hein and Pat for defamation and fraud.

Did he say he was going to launch a "criminal case"? He is a Judge now, cool.

Of course he said, "we are going to launch a criminal complaint against McQuaid & Verbruggen...."

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
For a guy who accuses journalists of being paid for and compromised by it, to then want to work for that said company is indeed hypocritical, especially as he told Walsh not to embed with Sky with this year and to do his reporting from the outside.

On the bolded part, it was a copout from answering the question but he had no problem in addressing him with a personal insult though.

No, what you said was false, clear and simple.
He had already stated he had no intention of talking to Moore.

You use the word compromised - that's very interesting. Do you think PK would allow himself be "compromised"? Me neither, do you think that may have had something to do with them not hiring him.

Poursuivant said:

What? Offering the opinion that cycling is clean is wrong now? After all the bs that comes out of the - cycling is clean now, lobby, such as there are less attacks and young people wouldn't dope. Challenging such nonsense is wrong?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
I think it's the more the manner in which he is going about it that the OP has a problem with

The OP posted a trailer to the documentary.

The idea that Kimmage is ringing radio stations to talk about dirty cycling is laughable.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
No, what you said was false, clear and simple.
He had already stated he had no intention of talking to Moore.

You use the word compromised - that's very interesting. Do you think PK would allow himself be "compromised"? Me neither, do you think that may have had something to do with them not hiring him.

So why then did he not want Walsh around Sky and to report on the outside but then have no problems to want employment himself by Sky Sports himself?

Sorry, but Kimmage put himself in this principled position on all this. If I thought journalists were bought off and paid for where it was "in house" thing(Kimmage's words), it would be the last place I would want employment if my convictions were strong on this.

Anyway, his comments have proved to be false. He accused Walsh of never writing about Lienders which was wrong and Owen Slot mentioned the Times also wrote about Froome/Porte and Motoman.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
So why then did he not want Walsh around Sky and to report on the outside but then have no problems to want employment himself by Sky Sports himself?
What?

You do realize that is not even remotely related? If PK had worked with Sky it would be as a 'pundit' (whatever that is) and would not have been embedded with Sky.

gooner said:
Sorry, but Kimmage put himself in this principled position on all this. If I thought journalists were bought off and paid for where it was "in house" thing(Kimmage's words), it would be the last place I would want employment if my convictions were strong on this.

Anyway, his comments have proved to be false. He accused Walsh of never writing about Lienders which was wrong and Owen Slot mentioned the Times also wrote about Froome/Porte and Motoman.
You say "his words" yet you don't quote him? Why?

I have just listened to the piece again. Kimmage clearly mentions that his piece was pulled by an editor, nothing at all about 'bought off'.

"From my own experience of working at The Sunday Times, and from my own experience of having been invited by this team, in 2010, ya 2010 to spend the Tour de France with them and they reneged on that offer on the eve of the race.
And when I told my editor, "I want to write about this, on why they have turned me down and the reasons behind it" I was told "you cannot write that piece".

So thats, for me a very simple reason why there's a significant difference between Armstrong and the treatment of Team Sky. It’s in house; it’s part of the business. And at all the Times journalists, have you written pieces about Team Sky that your editors would not allow you to run? Because I have, and I wasn’t allowed run them.".

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:

to be sure, nobody's blaming walsh for being on the bandwagon. everybody understands. he's compromised and has good reasons to be. This is not about putting walsh in a bad daylight. it's only about pointing out that he has no cred at all when it comes to sky and doping.

what's your beef with kimmage?
even if he offered himself to sky, I'd fully understand. he was without a job after all.
fact of the matter remains that, as things stand now, kimmage has cred whilst in an uncompromised position, walsh doesn't as he is compromised. This might change at some point, but this is how it is right now.

TRENDING THREADS