• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Klöden named in Freiburg report

Klöden named in Freiburg report

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/may09/may13news3

Curses! :(

Discuss. :)

audio_kloeden_afp_400.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
Is anybody surprised? No. The only surprise is that he got away with it for so long, given that most of his peer group has since been uncovered one way or another. Great publicity at a time when Lance and Johan are seeking new sponsors.

Susan Westemeyer said:
According to the report, only Klöden and Kessler went, at least on the evening of the first stage.

Susan

Edit: and SInkewitz, too, of course.

I thought Sinkewitz said five or six riders went with him, which would be either the whole team or the whole team minus one.

It is interesting that only Kessler, who is already positve, and Kloden, who had his "vitamin" shipments reported, get thrown under the bus.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
jsmayer181 said:
The list of riders who shared podium spots with Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France who have not been officially implicated or santioned now stands at two. Can you guess?

http://americanflyers.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/alone-on-an-island/

I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?

No surprises here,

Who were the first 2 riders to jump ship when Bob Stapelton decided to introduce stricter anti doping controls at T-Mobile, thats right Klodi and Kessler, where did they go, thats right Astana, team of Vinokourov, Kaschekin, nuff said.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?

Of course. He's superman, right?:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
We've been reading about this for some time now, remember the Spiegel link posted on this forum a while back. Why its taken so long to procecute? We can read about it before they act on anything, maybe the UCI should read the forum?

If Sinkewitz rated out the names what are they waiting for? Probably for the Tour to start...:rolleyes:

That link is interesting, very worth reading about who stood next to Lance that hasn't been positive. They state Fernando Escartin and Joseba Beloki. The only problems with this are that Escartin rode for Manolo Saiz at Kelme at the time, and Beloki, though cleared from the blood bag issue with OP, definitely had his name listed in Fuentes code books.

You could look farther down that list of riders Lance beat and find many more riders that doped. Like, nearly all of them. And where there's smoke...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
The only problems with this are that Escartin rode for Manolo Saiz at Kelme at the time, and Beloki, though cleared from the blood bag issue with OP, definitely had his name listed in Fuentes code books.

Wrong! Back to start do not collect.

Vicente Belda, Kelme DS

Manolo Saiz, Once/Liberty Seguros DS

ElChingon said:
Wrong! Back to start do not collect.

Good call. I stand corrected. But MelloVelo is right.

Knowing that all twelve of those guys standing on the podium with Lance were doped, sans maybe one, if we look at the rest of the top 10 that Lance raced against, here are some very common names: Virenque, Dufaux, Peron, Etxebarria, Hamilton, Botgero, Mancebo, Nardello, Heras, Moreau, Gonzalez de Galdeano, Sevilla, Serrano, Mayo, Rasmussen, Landis. All of them associated with doping. Many more if you go down from 10 on the list.

It's a LOT easier to count the names that never got into trouble. I count about eight: Boogard, Sastre, Evans, Zubeldia, Belli, Periero, Levi, Azevedo. Out of seventy possible placings, I count eight riders that might, maybe have been clean. Or at least stayed away from scandals their career (Levi and Azevedo connected to Lance though). If I made a mistake on this one, let me know. :cool:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
It's a LOT easier to count the names that never got into trouble. I count about eight: Boogard, Sastre, Evans, Zubeldia, Belli, Periero, Levi, Azevedo. Out of seventy possible placings, I count eight riders that might, maybe have been clean. Or at least stayed away from scandals their career (Levi and Azevedo connected to Lance though). If I made a mistake on this one, let me know. :cool:

Levi was a Dr. Ferrari cleint. Top doping in the world >>Dr. Ferrari is.

Azevedo did too, more or less on the Lance formulative program. Zubeldia was Mayo's teamate on Euskaltel-Euskadi, JACKED. Belli rode for Saeco's super jacked 3 times Giro winning team, and was definitely part of the 100% Italian riders dope culture in the Sicily region. Decanio says this much.

The evidence is that ALL top U-23 riders in Italy doped 100% and they even had syringe throwing fights in place of food-fights.

Empirically 100% of top European pros dope.

Stop trying to believe the riders. Nobody finishes the Tour clean if its heavily doped and no matter what nobody will be top 50. I truly believe Lemond tried to do it and he could not finish the damn mountains, he was dropped and time cut.

Their all bald faced liars that want to either win, make money, boost their single celled ego or all three. lol

STOP TRYING TO BELIEVE THE BULL SH*T. ITS BULLSH*T!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Their all bald faced liars that want to either win, make money, boost their single celled ego or all three. lol

And that is sooo much lower than someone whose raison d'etre, seemingly, is achieving top troll status on a cycling website?

I wouldn't call the guy a troll. Just bitter and negative much of the time. He's too knowledgeable from his many posts on doping to be a "troll".

BigBoat - I'm recommending you use this as your Avatar. I mean this with some sincerity, not a slam. It's kind of a cool photo, and it fits your personality: :cool:

lemon.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
No surprises here,

Who were the first 2 riders to jump ship when Bob Stapelton decided to introduce stricter anti doping controls at T-Mobile, thats right Klodi and Kessler, where did they go, thats right Astana, team of Vinokourov, Kaschekin, nuff said.

I remember thinking this too when he jumped after Stapelton took over. Why go from a good German (his nationality) team to an Astana led by nut job Vinokurov? Didn't make sense then. Does now.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
At the time they said money was the reason. But if I recall correctly, that was shown to not be true, and then the excuse was "contract issues".

The real answer is of course obvious.

Sad for Klodi. A very likely end to a long, and once promising career.

I liked Klodi. Liked him in the Hell on Wheels video and he was forced to drop out due to injuries etc. You remember the scene with the cotton in the nose to stop the bleeding...? The best cycling docu of all