• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 2023 February 26, 196 km (1.Pro)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.png

Rather than refreshing, you should click "Live".

y8iYpwU.png

I did click "live".
I refresh/start the stream, and constantly get that stupid "Do you want to watch from the start or join live?" question.
Why would people want to not watch live?

And my point is that when you have multiples tabs with multiple races on, they should all just... work, regardless of whether it's the one you're actively looking at.

I did click "live".
I refresh/start the stream, and constantly get that stupid "Do you want to watch from the start or join live?" question.

And my point is that when you have multiples tabs with multiple races on, they should all just... work, regardless of whether it's the one you're actively looking at.

Because people are not like you and want to see the unfolding of the race rather than watching live.

I did click "live".

During the race, do you also click on the "Live" bottom in the lower-right corner?

Because people are not like you and want to see the unfolding of the race rather than watching live.

The whole point of live sport is to watch it live. Otherwise producer might as well just record everything, and only show it delayed, and wouldn't that be a nightmare?
But I have a hard time believing anyone would deliberately choose to be behind, rather than watch live.

During the race, do you also click on the "Live" bottom in the lower-right corner?

Didn't notice that one. But my point still stands: Once you have started a stream, it should just keep up! Otherwise, what's the point of a streaming service for live sport? Especially one for a sport where, quite frequently, you have to watch multiple races at the same time.

The whole point of live sport is to watch it live. Otherwise producer might as well just record everything, and only show it delayed, and wouldn't that be a nightmare?
But I have a hard time believing anyone would deliberately choose to be behind, rather than watch live.
I do that. I usually prefer watching one race at a time, and then if another race is not finished yet, I would rather see it from the start of the coverage than only seeing the last 5 km, say.

Reactions: StryderHells
I also do that. I think RedheadDane is very alone in her very single-minded "must watch everything live or not at all" mode she's got going on.

I can - maybe - understand watching a replay after the race has finished, but sit there thinking "Hmm... I could catch the finale live, or I could... watch the whole damn thing from the start and be hopelessly behind watching the actual action. Decisions... decisions..." Too weird.
But I'm guessing you didn't get up to watch TDU or the Worlds, after all; watching live doesn't really matter.

Anyway, now I know that next time I watch multiple races at the same time, I'll have to constantly click that little "live" button, because of the serious lagging-problems on GCN+. Don't recall it being that bad on ES Player. Don't think it's ever been that bad on TV2 Play.

I can - maybe - understand watching a replay after the race has finished, but sit there thinking "Hmm... I could catch the finale live, or I could... watch the whole damn thing from the start and be hopelessly behind watching the actual action. Decisions... decisions..." Too weird.
But I'm guessing you didn't get up to watch TDU or the Worlds, after all; watching live doesn't really matter.

Pff... My God you're exasperating on this matter.

Yes, of course I would prefer to watch live.

If that isn't possible, though, yes, I will try to find the latest point in the race before the real racing begins and start my stream there, whether or not the race has finished or not.

But if you have missed the start of the race, but still want to watch most of it and don't have time to do it later in the day, shouldn't you be allowed to do it?

Reactions: StryderHells