• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA Perjury Count

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am still not sure why Popo was even called. Timing of his contacts really don't relate well in my opinion to the time periods everyone believes are in question. Perhaps he was drawn knowing he would uphold omerta, and by doing so, gave Novitsky the green light to pursue other methods, people, and places. This appearance may be just what is needed to truly cross the pond and use information gathered from various leads in Europe.

Therefore, my belief is that Popo was used as a pawn. You know that initial move that just puts the pawn out there but has no real value as a move. It hides your true intentions. Perhaps someone like a DZ is a knight, that hopped out a bit, but still hasnt gone on the attack yet, any actual trial will see hard use of something like this. Or even to the affect, we have only seen pawns moved so far, perhaps there is more going on that we have yet to see.