• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA returning to "traditional preparation"

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Age doesnt slow you down that much really..

Not in a one off event. However a tour is all about being able to recover. Even with LA's legendary recovery abilities its very hard to see how he can recover better than a couple of mid 20s guys. He effectively goes into it with a handicap. I'll be rooting for the wily old timer underdog.

BigBoat said:
What I want to see happen is for the organizers to stop one of the mountain stages at 50k in, allow the riders to sit then take little 4cc blood samples from the top 20 or so in G.C.... And get crit values to see where they really are without plasma volume and saline. That surely wont happen though. :(

10 to 1 they'll all be "dehydrated"

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
British Pro Cycling said:
Not in a one off event. However a tour is all about being able to recover. Even with LA's legendary recovery abilities its very hard to see how he can recover better than a couple of mid 20s guys. He effectively goes into it with a handicap. I'll be rooting for the wily old timer underdog.
Well you see Ferrari has certain "veys" to MAKE an older rider recover faster than a 25 year old. :)
Hugh Januss said:
10 to 1 they'll all be "dehydrated"
Yeah thats too bad... They could hold riders for an hour afterwards too, and not allow them to take an IV refill...But no "blood samples cant be taken for 2 hours" bla bla bla. Its called 'having your cake and eating it too', getting PR for "anti doping" and taking money from all the doped up teams at the same time.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to take on these mantra "facts" again, but what tends to happen is I get blamed for causing a disturbance. I'm trying not to rise to the bait. ;)

Feel free to "Take on" ....You have yet to raise a legit question about them, just smoke and mirrors.

As for the claim of "Unfounded" many experts found them very "Founded" it is only the clueless groupies that like to pretend they are not in order to continue to believe the myth.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
These threads are becoming depressing.Cycling affords the benefits of one being extremely healthy.Why would one want to compromise those gains with drugs??Tranfusions,injections etc. etc. etc..Its in direct conflict with what one is trying to achieve.Dollars make people do strange things.:(

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
broken chain said:
These threads are becoming depressing.Cycling affords the benefits of one being extremely healthy.Why would one want to compromise those gains with drugs??Tranfusions,injections etc. etc. etc..Its in direct conflict with what one is trying to achieve.Dollars make people do strange things.:(

I agree. I'm into the sport for all its positive aspects on physical health and society, in addition to it being a blast. Even if all the main contenders cheat, which I'm not completely convinced of, it still mainly comes who trains hardest and team work. Life isn't perfect and neither is the sport of cycling. At least cycling isn't as corrupt as politics.

I wonder if this TdF preparation talk is all just a set-up for Lance to surprise everyone and actually concentrate on trying to win the Giro. If he goes to the Giro, he's going to try to win, not to prep for TdF.

ProTour said:
I agree. I'm into the sport for all its positive aspects on physical health and society, in addition to it being a blast. Even if all the main contenders cheat, which I'm not completely convinced of, it still mainly comes who trains hardest and team work. Life isn't perfect and neither is the sport of cycling. At least cycling isn't as corrupt as politics.

I wonder if this TdF preparation talk is all just a set-up for Lance to surprise everyone and actually concentrate on trying to win the Giro. If he goes to the Giro, he's going to try to win, not to prep for TdF.

Yeah sure, that is all ok to tell your friends on the outside, but if you truly believe all that then you have not been paying any attention at all. Either that or you have the ability to do a whole lot of not hearing stuff that is very clear.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Yeah sure, that is all ok to tell your friends on the outside, but if you truly believe all that then you have not been paying any attention at all. Either that or you have the ability to do a whole lot of not hearing stuff that is very clear.

Not paying attention? That's a little harsh. I think it's a bit over the top to say all of the gc guys are doping. Some yes, but not all.

ProTour said:

What more evidence do you want?

The guys who train the hardest....Science of Lance clip on Youtube by any chance?

auscyclefan94 said:
Not paying attention? That's a little harsh. I think it's a bit over the top to say all of the gc guys are doping. Some yes, but not all.

Yeah, sure. There are those few who are naturally so much better than everyone else that they can remain competitive even though all the others are getting a huge performance gain from doping. :rolleyes:

Interesting how some of these "clean" guys all suffered a mutual collapse at this year's Tour.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Even with doping, I don't think it is possible to peak twice a year when it comes to winning the Giro and Tour in the same year, which is what happened with Menchov. Mind you actually staying upright on your bike also helps a wee bit.

Then again he could of gone to Wien for his preperation, won the Giro, got scared **** less after what Kohl said, and will suddenly slow down a bit, like Valverde did a few years ago.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
RaceRadio claims I'm "free" to talk, then tips off the moderator to delete all my posts.

Clearly I'm not free to talk. RR has been at the forefront of trying to silence dissenting voices at the clinic. If eveything is so clear cut then you have to wonder why that is? What is he scared of?

A

Anonymous

RaceRadio claims I'm "free" to talk, then tips off the moderator to delete all my posts.

Clearly I'm not free to talk. RR has been at the forefront of trying to silence dissenting voices at the clinic. If eveything is so clear cut then you have to wonder why that is? What is he scared of?

No, we just like to silence you. See, there is a difference between what you do and the discussion of others.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

You are lying again.

Your persecution complex is impressive, your knowledge of the sport is not.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You are lying again.

Your persecution complex is impressive, your knowledge of the sport is not.

If you didn't this time it's definitely a legacy of the trouble you caused. It's not a lie. You've begged for me to be banned many times. Then you claim I'm free to say what I like. You're a hypocrite.

The fact is, you couldn't even answer most of the points I made. All you did is try to disrupts threads in order to bait me. In fact I've been warned by a regular poster that you and TFF do this regularly and I shouldn't rise to it. He knows what you've been up to.

You're a couple of hateful trolls.

A

Anonymous

I'm wondering how many times Arbiter has derailed threads on this forum?:mad:

Is anyone aware of how LA's "programme" has evolved over the years? I'm thinking he does not respond as well to the edited version he was on this year versus past years. Passport perhaps? It could also be that AC is better than anyone LA faced during his run which would be a more logical explaination.

There was just something about LA that was off. I saw him at the ToC and he was not real impressive, didn't look great at the Giro (injury, I know) and really only looked formidable on the Ventoux at the TdF. With a pumpkin sized heart, off the chart VO2, a system that uber processes lactic acid, superior training methods, the F1 team, the cadence... he just looked pedestrian this year, so I'm wondering....

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I'm wondering how many times Arbiter has derailed threads on this forum?:mad:

Is anyone aware of how LA's "programme" has evolved over the years? I'm thinking he does not respond as well to the edited version he was on this year versus past years. Passport perhaps? It could also be that AC is better than anyone LA faced during his run which would be a more logical explaination.

There was just something about LA that was off. I saw him at the ToC and he was not real impressive, didn't look great at the Giro (injury, I know) and really only looked formidable on the Ventoux at the TdF. With a pumpkin sized heart, off the chart VO2, a system that uber processes lactic acid, superior training methods, the F1 team, the cadence... he just looked pedestrian this year, so I'm wondering....

What are you wondering?

A

Anonymous

If you didn't this time it's definitely a legacy of the trouble you caused. It's not a lie. You've begged for me to be banned many times. Then you claim I'm free to say what I like. You're a hypocrite.

The fact is, you couldn't even answer most of the points I made. All you did is try to disrupts threads in order to bait me. In fact I've been warned by a regular poster that you and TFF do this regularly and I shouldn't rise to it. He knows what you've been up to.

You're a couple of hateful trolls.

The stupidest thing is that you just continue to do it regardless of the fact that your posts are wiped clean time and again. If you haven't caught on (you have), they erase your posts because you can perform the easy trick of either masking IP or changing IP, so bans don't last. Now they have decided to just delete your posts. I applaud them for that.