• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA returning to "traditional preparation"

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So Dopestrong is back to spending the whole of june moving around the mountains of France (location never quite pinned down by the dope testers) familiriasing himself with the tour climbs.

This also helps propogate fanboy myth #4657

Being familiar with the geography of the uphill sections of the tour de france helps you ride up them at 460 watts

Of course it has nothing to do with Dr. Ferrari's campervan being nearby.

Mongol_Waaijer said:
So Dopestrong is back to spending the whole of june moving around the mountains of France (location never quite pinned down by the dope testers) familiriasing himself with the tour climbs.

This also helps propogate fanboy myth #4657

Being familiar with the geography of the uphill sections of the tour de france helps you ride up them at 460 watts

Of course it has nothing to do with Dr. Ferrari's campervan being nearby.

Want to make a bet? They'll visit him in his hotel anyway.
You can say he'll do some roadside café backroom blood transfusions (he can do it during showers even, right?), but still they'll get data. His daily rides are all documented, he's a hard to miss person.
Trust me, they'll study his every breath. You won't get "we didn't try to locate Mr. Armstrong during his stay he honoured our country with during the month of June.
They'll ring his doorbell long after his next retirement. He'll be into triathlon then anyway. Secret transfusions under water during trainings swims?

Lance will give his share of samples every month, I have full faith in this.

Cloxxki said:
Want to make a bet? They'll visit him in his hotel anyway.
You can say he'll do some roadside café backroom blood transfusions (he can do it during showers even, right?), but still they'll get data. His daily rides are all documented, he's a hard to miss person.
Trust me, they'll study his every breath. You won't get "we didn't try to locate Mr. Armstrong during his stay he honoured our country with during the month of June.
They'll ring his doorbell long after his next retirement. He'll be into triathlon then anyway. Secret transfusions under water during trainings swims?

Lance will give his share of samples every month, I have full faith in this.[/QUOTE]

Lol...thanks for the vote of confidence in a system we know to be corrupt.

If he was really serious about transparency, why dump Catlin?

Lance being Lance, everything he does or doesn't can be questioned. Him as the subject of a discussion is only making him stronger, and the rest of the world weaker. Hate him, it gives him strength. Love him, it gives him strength. Either way he wins. The only way to get to him is ignore, but who does that? And when you ignore him, he'll be in your face asap, making himself stronger, and you weaker, LOL.

If it were me, pro cyclists would have real-time, continuous blood and urine checks. Why take samples? They're as useful as photographs, just an unlimitedly short time frame.

I'd love to have a reality show. Bunch of super pro's all stuck in one hotel. they go on training rides together, or alone, under supervision. Nothing comes in or out of the hotel (unlike a prison). They are subjected to huge 5-star buffets all day long, can eat what they like. After a month of hotel life, they enter a week of races. The last of which a protour event they all want to shine in. See how they fare against "free" riders.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
everything he does or doesn't can be questioned. Him as the subject of a discussion is only making him stronger, and the rest of the world weaker. Hate him, it gives him strength. Love him, it gives him strength. Either way he wins. The only way to get to him is ignore, but who does that? And when you ignore him, he'll be in your face asap, making himself stronger, and you weaker, LOL.

If you showed 100 people off the street this block of text above, 35% would think you were talking about God, 40% would think you were talking about Satan but all would agree that paragraph shows disturbing signs of instability.

Armstrong's 2010 Prep

Still can't see him beating Pistolboro or Andy Schleck. I don't think he will be on the podium next year even though I was impressed with how well he did in this year's race. Armstrong's Tour winning days are in the past. Top five finish would not surprise.

Cloxxki said:
Lance being Lance, everything he does or doesn't can be questioned. Him as the subject of a discussion is only making him stronger, and the rest of the world weaker. Hate him, it gives him strength. Love him, it gives him strength. Either way he wins. The only way to get to him is ignore, but who does that? And when you ignore him, he'll be in your face asap, making himself stronger, and you weaker, LOL.

The ramblings of a madman.
Not much more one can say.

Digger said:
The ramblings of a madman.
Not much more one can say.

Who am I to dispute? Self-proclaimed stability is a lie by definition.

I used to be a Lance fan, and now a doubter. But his psyche works fine. the only thing that seems to get him down is lack of opposition, or plain crashing.
That Contador was able to fight him off, shows great emotional control and especially physical superiority. And Andy Schleck just followed Contador's lead pretty much.

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
Cloxxki said:
Who am I to dispute? Self-proclaimed stability is a lie by definition.

I used to be a Lance fan, and now a doubter. But his psyche works fine. the only thing that seems to get him down is lack of opposition, or plain crashing.
That Contador was able to fight him off, shows great emotional control and especially physical superiority. And Andy Schleck just followed Contador's lead pretty much.

"fight him off?" Contador rode away from him multiple times, dropped him like a BM. After that, Contador was content to follow Schleck, not the other way around. Schleck was the best thing about this year's Tour, hammering again and again and again. If it looked like Schleck was paying attention to Contador instead of Lance, that's because Lance wasn't a huge threat to him.

I say all this as someone who actually is a Lance fan. I was rooting for him to stay ahead of Wiggins on Mont Ventoux. But there's a difference between being a fan and ignoring the reality of what happened. I never really have been a fan of the Schlecks. But I have to give 'em props for animating the race.

Currently a poll running on another forum. Leaving aside the "don't knows", of 107 voters, 85 are convinced he's a juice monkey. 22 continue to defend the faith.
A very high 4 to 1 "guilty" ratio, though not as high as Floyd's T level.

In order for Contador to fight Lance off, Berto would first need to get off his bike, and hang around while he caught up.:rolleyes:

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
so you all realize contador is just as doped as armstrong i hope no one thinks otherwise. i would think the people who clearly dislike pro cycling yet talk about it all day are at least not only hating on and accusing armstrong that would be rather hyprocritical and one sided. all you mainly here is armstrongs doping allegations but not other obvious suspects.

forty four said:
so you all realize contador is just as doped as armstrong i hope no one thinks otherwise. i would think the people who clearly dislike pro cycling yet talk about it all day are at least not only hating on and accusing armstrong that would be rather hyprocritical and one sided. all you mainly here is armstrongs doping allegations but not other obvious suspects.

Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Currently a poll running on another forum. Leaving aside the "don't knows", of 107 voters, 85 are convinced he's a juice monkey. 22 continue to defend the faith.
A very high 4 to 1 "guilty" ratio, though not as high as Floyd's T level.
How many "Don't knows" are there? I only ask because your statement reminds me a bit of this pearl from Conservapedia about the film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed:
Conservapedia said:
Because of the apparent blackballing of the film by people who had never seen it, it is difficult to tell what actual viewers of the film thought. Removing the almost obligatory '1' ratings under the above assumption 1600 voters on the IMDB website gave it a 8.5 rating on a scale from 1 to 10.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

Ah, AC, aka the Contadoper. I wonder what wonderful cocktail of goodies you are taking ;)

I think this post was started because LA has been talking about his prep for next year. So the focus is on him. I don't think it means anything about opinions on others. Of course, when one brings up LA and how he will do next year, AC and AS come up, 'cause they beat him this year.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Izoard said:
Ah, AC, aka the Contadoper. I wonder what wonderful cocktail of goodies you are taking ;)

I think this post was started because LA has been talking about his prep for next year. So the focus is on him. I don't think it means anything about opinions on others. Of course, when one brings up LA and how he will do next year, AC and AS come up, 'cause they beat him this year.

what about Andreas dopen ;) (joke)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Funny to hear Armstrong pretend to be confused if he should ride the Giro or the ToC. He says the Giro is great preparation for the Tour......if that is true I wonder why he never rode it prior to this year?

The answer it obvious, which ever race gives him the most $$$ to show up gets Armstrong and his groupies......that there are no Radio Shack stores in Italy doesn't seem to factor into his decision making.

forty four said:

Get English lessons please.

movingtarget said:
Still can't see him beating Pistolboro or Andy Schleck. I don't think he will be on the podium next year even though I was impressed with how well he did in this year's race. Armstrong's Tour winning days are in the past. Top five finish would not surprise.

The TTT and the HTC Train helped him immensely so I guess you're right, a podium is a massive ask.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Funny to hear Armstrong pretend to be confused if he should ride the Giro or the ToC. He says the Giro is great preparation for the Tour......if that is true I wonder why he never rode it prior to this year?

The answer it obvious, which ever race gives him the most $$$ to show up gets Armstrong and his groupies......that there are no Radio Shack stores in Italy doesn't seem to factor into his decision making.

Yeah he's using the press to do a little negotiating between the May races. I predict he'll be in California because his role in the Milan protest hurt his value for Zomegnan and California really needs him.

Skip Madness said:
How many "Don't knows" are there?
Hard to believe there are so many undecided, given the amount of reading there is on the subject.

As for the May Tour of California, it's pretty damning that LA remains undecided.
You would have thought it a no brainer, yet still he fence sits, leaning towards the Giro side.

Quite obviously, as a Tour preparatory race, it's short of the mark. I suspect by being a few weeks early and maybe, just not hard enough.

If he thinks it isn't in his best interests, he'll be eating spaghetti, for 3 weeks.

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Lance may have lost a little edge due to age but in 2010 he will have motivation, money, a good DS, team support, a chip on his shoulder, et cetera. I think he'll make it interesting.

I really hope Lance, Alberto, Andy, and Brad stay healthy, satisfy the testers, and find teams in some cases, so we can see the full drama play out.

TRENDING THREADS