• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Route d'Occitanie du 1er au 4 août 2020

645494fb597a02f2c9943e5e9d0538d902970ec0.png

RDO2020-Profil-E1-V2.png

RDO2020-Profil-E2-V2.png

RDO2020-Profil-E3-V2.png

RDO2020-Profil-E4-V2.png

Between Burgos and Strade this race might not get that much attention, but if it happens and if the startlist is remotely correct this race should feature some of the biggest Tour win contenders, starting with Bernal and ending? with Pinot. Will Quintana be there, too? One never knows. This guy shows up and disappears as he pleases. But Froome might be there, showing what he's capable of! And Geraint Thomas, the direct Welshman with the deadpan humour and a Tour win under his belt, even if it's two years old, where does he fit into the Skineos-Grenadier-hierarchy? Will this event tell us?
Maybe. Let's hope for a race and let's hope it's exciting.

https://www.laroutedoccitanie.fr/

As you can see four stages are planned and the third of them is showing off a bit by including Port de Balès and the Col de Peyresourde.

Thanks, Logic, for rescuing me and this thread.

Last edited:
I think it's Barguil who's going to be flying the flag - literally, in his case - for Arkea.
However, I am rather displeased by the fact that it doesn't appear like it's going to be broadcast in Denmark! Why isn't it going to be broadcast in Denmark? I'm pretty sure it was broadcast in Denmark last year, and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be this year.

The tour is only one month away. So it will be interesting to see in which condition the tour contenders will be in their first race after the corona break.

The team from Ineos looks very strong here, so probably one of their riders has good chances to win this overall.

It will be interesting to see the form of Pinot, Lopez, Bardet, Bernal, Froome, Sivakov, Porte, Mollema and Barguil. Everybody of them wants to go to the tour, so normally they already have to be in good shape now..

Reactions: minoofarmajedi
Jul 27, 2018
Visit site
I think it's Barguil who's going to be flying the flag - literally, in his case - for Arkea.
However, I am rather displeased by the fact that it doesn't appear like it's going to be broadcast in Denmark! Why isn't it going to be broadcast in Denmark? I'm pretty sure it was broadcast in Denmark last year, and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be this year.

As far as I can tell, it's not being broadcast live anywhere - I believe Eurosport and GCN will cover one hour highlights. If that's true, then it's time for Spoiler Avoidance Protocol - another cycling fan mini-game I've not played for months...

As far as I can tell, it's not being broadcast live anywhere - I believe Eurosport and GCN will cover one hour highlights. If that's true, then it's time for Spoiler Avoidance Protocol - another cycling fan mini-game I've not played for months...

Well, then remove the "in Denmark" bits from my post. I'm still pretty sure I watched it last year, so why isn't it being broadcast this year? Don't they understand that we've been suffering without cycling for months?
Yes, Saturday will coincide with both the final stage of Burgos and Strade Bianche, but... come one! Not like you can't watch three races at the same time...

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
Any updated word on broadcasters? Stage 1 looks fairly straightforward, but Stage 3 looks like something worth watching for sure given the relative strength of the startlist...

TRENDING THREADS