• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

La Vuelta '17 stage 3:Prades Conflent>Andorra la Vella 158km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
portugal11 said:
Skyborgs are stupid. Froome will struggle in the final climb

Well, if that is the case the best tactic is to set tempo on the front and ride your own pace, rather than stop-start accelerations. Plus Poels could also win here.
But they are destroying the peloton. I really doubt that froome is strong at the moment. He will increase his shape during la vuelta (his best performances in vuelta, he rode like that)

portugal11 said:
Pricey_sky said:
portugal11 said:

Well, if that is the case the best tactic is to set tempo on the front and ride your own pace, rather than stop-start accelerations. Plus Poels could also win here.
But they are destroying the peloton. I really doubt that froome is strong at the moment. He will increase his shape during la vuelta (his best performances in vuelta, he rode like that)

It's warm weather. Froome might be feeling good.

portugal11 said:
Pricey_sky said:
portugal11 said:

I doubt Froome is going to drop at this pace, no matter his form

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Krokro said:
portugal11 said:
Bala junior can't climb
Should I recall the early season until Vasco? Then he just had a knee injury you know. Give him a break, it's pretty logic.
Well, he is french, that must be the reason.
Relax mate. I'm a fan of bala junior but he really can't climb in the high mountains

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

The_Beach said:
deValtos said:
Was that Pelizotti I just saw out the back? Lol damn.
It was Pellizotti and Visconti is currently in the back of the GC group about to get dropped, so Nibali will probably be isolated with more than 30 km to go

Looks like a group of 60 or so and I can only see Nibali and as you say Visconti about to get dropped. They're making Toms Giro team look super strong.

Edit: Ah nvm there's another dude there!

portugal11 said:
Krokro said:
portugal11 said:
Bala junior can't climb
Should I recall the early season until Vasco? Then he just had a knee injury you know. Give him a break, it's pretty logic.
Well, he is french, that must be the reason.
Relax mate. I'm a fan of bala junior but he really can't climb in the high mountains

He's obvioulsy not a pure climber, more a punchy type who can climb a bit. Plus, regarding his form, I wasn't really expecting much from him on stages like this. He might do better on the numerous incoming small muritos.

deValtos said:
The_Beach said:
deValtos said:
It was Pellizotti and Visconti is currently in the back of the GC group about to get dropped, so Nibali will probably be isolated with more than 30 km to go

Looks like a group of 60 or so and I can only see Nibali and as you say Visconti about to get dropped. They're making Toms Giro team look super strong.

Poor Nibbles, better take the red jersey on Angliru or he is doomed!

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Brullnux said:
portugal11 said:
Pricey_sky said:
portugal11 said:

I doubt Froome is going to drop at this pace, no matter his form
They are racing for nibali (just my opinion).

Climbing said:
deValtos said:
The_Beach said:
deValtos said:

Poor Nibbles, better take the red jersey on Angliru or he is doomed!

As a Nibali disciple, I'm really confused how bad can Bahrain be as a GC team built around him. He has literally no support on GC compared to Sky/MS/AG2R. The shark deserves better fishes to serve him.

TRENDING THREADS