• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España La Vuelta Femenina 2024 (April 28th-May 5th)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm quite annoyed that TV2 doesn't have on it on old fashioned TV like with the first 6 stages.
Yeah they should have the Giro slightly later, this race slightly earlier and show the end of this before the proper climbs in the Giro

And presumably the same thing will happen tomorrow when there is a proper mountain stage, I wanna see SD Worx ride like total morons again

Last edited:
Yeah they should have the Giro slightly later, this race slightly earlier and show the end of this before the proper climbs in the Giro

TV2 doesn't show the Giro. Lost the race in 2017...

I'm quite annoyed that TV2 doesn't have on it on old fashioned TV like with the first 6 stages.

Play is your friend.

Or that lesser known race in Italy…

That was implicit. I was talking about the other channel.

They have a chance with Lippert or Baril. They're obviously not the favourites, but it will probably be harder to win tomorrow.
This is true but at the same time, Baril's at 8 minutes and Lippert 12, there's a chance that they can get in an escape in the climbs and not be marked particularly tightly by the likes of Vollering tomorrow, but now it's unlikely that they'll be fresh enough.

The other thing is also possibly the old school approach of the DSes being annoyed that the team missed the split and so punishing them with hard turns to try to get back on as a consequence.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
This is true but at the same time, Baril's at 8 minutes and Lippert 12, there's a chance that they can get in an escape in the climbs and not be marked particularly tightly by the likes of Vollering tomorrow, but now it's unlikely that they'll be fresh enough.

The other thing is also possibly the old school approach of the DSes being annoyed that the team missed the split and so punishing them with hard turns to try to get back on as a consequence.

So far in this race, it hasn't looked like breakaways will be allowed to go to the finish, but on the other hand, a lot of teams should be interested in getting riders up the road tomorrow.

Now the SD Worx numbers plan starts to take effect, Bredewold first to attack. A bit of indecision or some pace going up and down as people look around for attacks might give the second group a chance to come back, but I'm not sure how much I trust those timings. Does look to be coming down quick though.

Now, surely as probably the fatest finisher in this group and the teammate of the race leader, Bredewold just sits on the back of this selection and wins the stage if they stay away. But she rides for SD Worx, so who knows.

And there she goes to the front, entirely as expected.

Doesn't matter, FDJ pull them back.

Kastelijn is the big loser, unless she had a mechanical.
She dropped from 9th to 10th but only because Faulkner moved up from 10th to seventh. Gained some on Cadzow who is lurking behind her and her teammate Rooijakkers. Speaking of Cadzow am I the only one who finds EF's "teamwork" to be straight out of the Movistar/UAE playbook? Neither one seems willing to work for the other and so they seem destined to be fighting it out for the better position of somewhere between 8th and 12th on tomorrows MT finish.

She dropped from 9th to 10th but only because Faulkner moved up from 10th to seventh. Gained some on Cadzow who is lurking behind her and her teammate Rooijakkers. Speaking of Cadzow am I the only one who finds EF's "teamwork" to be straight out of the Movistar/UAE playbook? Neither one seems willing to work for the other and so they seem destined to be fighting it out for the better position of somewhere between 8th and 12th on tomorrows MT finish.

She was only really the loser on the stage because of the existing big gaps in GC. I must also admit that I thought she was in the front group at the time, but it seems I was wrong.

Regarding EF, I think they just try to ride for whoever has the legs on the day. I haven't sensed any bad blood between them.