• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance amps the big guns

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
I would love to see Lance's legal bills when this is all over.

How much money is no jail time worth?

This is Lance's big fight: if he comes out of this even just a little tainted, he's home free for the rest of his life. It's going to be a long and bloody battle, and even LA's biggest haters (a group amongst which I include myself) should realize that with the kind of council he's going to have, the chances he could walk away from this without any real punishment at all are pretty good.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Wallace said:

This is Lance's big fight: if he comes out of this even just a little tainted, he's home free for the rest of his life. It's going to be a long and bloody battle, and even LA's biggest haters (a group amongst which I include myself) should realize that with the kind of council he's going to have, the chances he could walk away from this without any real punishment at all are pretty good.

I won't say you're wrong because when lawyers get involved one never knows. But, there have been a lot of fish much bigger than LA that went to jail...Lord Conrad Black for one. I think he's going to jail, because it doesn't matter how much 'spin' LA pays for right and wrong, multiple confessions and positive urine test are just that positive for doping.

What I don't understand about LA is why he doesn't come out and say "shucks people everyone was doing it and I am/was just a struggling cancer survivor trying to keep up. I'm real sorry for everything, really." Then he's not lying, not going to jail and can move forward as a post-cancer, post-liar, post-doper confession puppet and sell more books etc... Then again he is probably a sociopath and cannot imagine an angle like that. Forget what I said.

NW

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Would have been cheaper to hire Floyd at Radioshack.

Not sure what this guy is going to do. Stop the leaks? No one is talking to Lance so why the massive legal team?

Maybe he can do better than "garbage in, garbage out"? It is interesting, because since Lance hasn't been charged with anything, there is no right to discovery, so without leaks, they really don't have much information (except all the things he did and the people who knew about it).

If nothing else, an image expert like that could class up some of the threads here. That penny a word stuff got tedious.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
I would have thought he would have gone more for Scooter Libby's lawyer, or Tom DeLay's lawyer. or just have his riding buddy GW SFB ask Fat Tony Scalia to represent him in his spare time.

Not that you sound partisan or anything, but the Democrat's make the Republican's look like amateurs when it comes to dirty dealings (even though both parties are crooked as snakes).

I think he needs to give Sam Adam Jr a call now that he's finished getting Blago off the hook.

Maybe he can win Lance's case, then afterwards help him broker a deal to sell Pat McQuaid's seat on the UCI?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Neworld said:
I won't say you're wrong because when lawyers get involved one never knows. But, there have been a lot of fish much bigger than LA that went to jail...Lord Conrad Black for one. I think he's going to jail, because it doesn't matter how much 'spin' LA pays for right and wrong, multiple confessions and positive urine test are just that positive for doping.

What I don't understand about LA is why he doesn't come out and say "shucks people everyone was doing it and I am/was just a struggling cancer survivor trying to keep up. I'm real sorry for everything, really." Then he's not lying, not going to jail and can move forward as a post-cancer, post-liar, post-doper confession puppet and sell more books etc... Then again he is probably a sociopath and cannot imagine an angle like that. Forget what I said.

NW

I'm sure NW that your going to say the positive tests are the 1999 tested ones, but no way in hell will they ever be able to bring then into a GJ room or a court of law should it get that far. Nobody would trust thier life with the way they tested those samples, and to get something like that in court you'd better follow all the procedures to the letter of the law or lawyers will have a field day with it. O.J. Simpsom comes to mind her blood on the glove found in his truck and it wasn't allowed in court.

He won't come out and confess even if he's guilty he's gone way too far down the road of proclaiming his innocense for a reversal of field. I think he's going all in on this one, if he wins he'll be the best of his generation, if not he'll go to the me against the whole Federal Govt. what do you expect.

uspostal said:
I'm sure NW that your going to say the positive tests are the 1999 tested ones, but no way in hell will they ever be able to bring then into a GJ room or a court of law should it get that far. Nobody would trust thier life with the way they tested those samples, and to get something like that in court you'd better follow all the procedures to the letter of the law or lawyers will have a field day with it. O.J. Simpsom comes to mind her blood on the glove found in his truck and it wasn't allowed in court.

He won't come out and confess even if he's guilty he's gone way too far down the road of proclaiming his innocense for a reversal of field. I think he's going all in on this one, if he wins he'll be the best of his generation, if not he'll go to the me against the whole Federal Govt. what do you expect.

This case is little to do about doping..ts about money laundering, misappropriation of government funds, bribing sports officials, drug trafficking, drug using, coercing and commercial fraud.

You don't hire a legal team like Lance has because you want to keep mum on if you doped or not. You hire these guys so you don't go to jail.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
This case is little to do about doping..ts about money laundering, misappropriation of government funds, bribing sports officials, drug trafficking, drug using, coercing and commercial fraud.

You don't hire a legal team like Lance has because you want to keep mum on if you doped or not. You hire these guys so you don't go to jail.

if proven, Johan is also

A

Anonymous

Wallace said:

Money buys good representation, and all you need is reasonable doubt. I think there is a good shot he will come out legally okay, but the stain will never really leave. Too many people have looked at it and realized that where there is smoke, there is fire.

A

Anonymous

Merckx index said:
I would love to see Lance's legal bills when this is all over.

No worries. He'll expense this to Livestrong.org.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
tockit said:
Not that you sound partisan or anything, but the Democrat's make the Republican's look like amateurs when it comes to dirty dealings (even though both parties are crooked as snakes).

I think he needs to give Sam Adam Jr a call now that he's finished getting Blago off the hook.

Maybe he can win Lance's case, then afterwards help him broker a deal to sell Pat McQuaid's seat on the UCI?

please, Richard Nixon, Lee At water, Karl Rove.....

funny as hell, you cant spell At water because t w at is blocked. Crazy.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Man I just hope Floyd still has something up his sleeve or a co-witness with the smoking gun. The fall out if he/they do will just be too good (for some).

It would be even better if Floyd was able to be his own layer and win :D

TRENDING THREADS