• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstrong will win stage 15...

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The Col d porte d'aste is on this stage and im convinced he will win this stage in memory of Casartelli, i can see him losing 20 minutes on stage 14 to allow his presence in an early break away

Love him or hate him wouldn't this be a very fitting finale for him

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ttrider said:
The Col d porte d'aste is on this stage and im convinced he will win this stage in memory of Casartelli, i can see him losing 20 minutes on stage 14 to allow his presence in an early break away

:confused: :eek: :eek:

I am not fond of him, but even i unlike you, want him to end like Fabio or call it a fitting finale.
________
LovelyWendie

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ttrider said:

A fitting finale would be for him to be his relatively normal organism and have to abandon with photographers and tv crews capturing it all for posterity.

Then returning to the U.S. to face the music for his crimes.

ttrider said:

This idea of a fitting finale is always overated. People who recieve these fitting finalies, enjoy it while it lasts, but forget about it soon after. For sports people, the present is usually all that matters. Lance had a fitting finaly. As good as it gets. He won the tour for a record 7th time and got to make a farewell speech, + and he got recognised as one of the great athletes of all time.

But this fitting finale wasnt good enough and it rarely is for athletes. I see no reason to see why a stage win would be any better.

buckwheat said:
A fitting finale would be for him to be his relatively normal organism and have to abandon with photographers and tv crews capturing it all for posterity.

£10 says after the Tour he disappears and we don't hear anything from him for the rest of the year.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ttrider said:

i remember the armstrong interview after casartelli died. lance said he didn't really know the guy. i was a huge LA fan at the time but i thought "this isn't about YOU lance".

these days lance claims they were friends.

erader

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
after looking at the map of the stage... i think he will not... my guess is there will be a battle between contador and schleck and armstrong will be helping levi and they will get distanced too much for armstrong to win the stage....

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:

Why do you watch cycling? Oh I get it you have a reason to complain about something!

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Why do you watch cycling?

Certainly not for the reality of the competitors or the competition.

flicker said:
Oh I get it you have a reason to complain about something!

You sound like the power structure in cycling.

Armstrong's advice to Bassons for instance, or HV's letters to FL.

Ummm, he could have had that "fitting finale" on the top spot of the podium on the Champs Élysées ... in 2005. Instead he came back. He is getting the fitting finale of Jordan in Washington.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
This idea of a fitting finale is always overated. People who recieve these fitting finalies, enjoy it while it lasts, but forget about it soon after. For sports people, the present is usually all that matters. Lance had a fitting finaly. As good as it gets. He won the tour for a record 7th time and got to make a farewell speech, + and he got recognised as one of the great athletes of all time.

But this fitting finale wasnt good enough and it rarely is for athletes. I see no reason to see why a stage win would be any better.

^very good observation. athletes aren't good at the "off" button - see Michael Jordan.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
El Oso said:
Ummm, he could have had that "fitting finale" on the top spot of the podium on the Champs Élysées ... in 2005. Instead he came back. He is getting the fitting finale of Jordan in Washington.

^stole my brain.

A

Anonymous

a fitting finale would be his arrest on the champs elysees. Preferably right in front of me so i can get a good view

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Certainly not for the reality of the competitors or the competition.

You sound like the power structure in cycling.

Armstrong's advice to Bassons for instance, or HV's letters to FL.

The only way to clean up cycling is to start teaching the youngsters it is OK not to dope. Unlike the Ukrainian dads who brought their own product supplies for their racer boys. That I am unhappy about. I do not have issue with Lance I love the guy and the interest and sponsership that he brings to our sport.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be stage 16 for sure :)

When I see all these (fanboy)haters I have a short message:
It must have been 7 very hard years for you. All the pressure comes out (now).
I am very sorry that you will lose your motivation after he, who saved the world, retires and that you pop off into the depth of the internet.
But the fanboys will still be here an follow CYCLING anyway. That makes the difference between the fanboys and the haters.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
WTF???? what is this mates?

We should be talking about El Pistolero, Andy, Kreuziger, Basso, Menchov, SSanchez, LLSanchez, Wiggo, Gesink or another GC contender... we have to stop talking about the oldman... we know that he is dirty as a pig but right now he is not the main actor... his time already passed and he will leave the Cycling using the back door...end... I'm not a LA hater but Je déteste all those LA Fanboys who still thinks that LA is the best and he is the cleanet rider ever... bah...

TRENDING THREADS