• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance being Lance

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Brilliant plan until all the people who no longer post or who are no longer willing to waste time posting anything of an significance are taken into account.

CN are not noted for showing much cop!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
The Lance-Haters and the Lance-Fanboys have so much in common. They share a fascination with Lance Armstrong and a love of arguing about him!

It's like the Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin where the people with the half-white faces are always fighting with the people with half-black faces.

The haters SAY they want the fanboys to go away, but they'd be utterly bereft if they actually did. They'd soon start new Lance Armstrong threads trolling for new fanboys to re-enter the web and re-start the LoveLance / HateLance dialog!

Ah, the humanity!

Ah sadly that ain't the truth as most who post in Armstrong threads pointing out the obvious about Armstrong being a doper, a fraud, a bully etc also post in other sections on a regular basis, where as fanboys only pop up in the Armstrong threads and declare their love.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
But that is one hundred very targeted people! People who are ready and willing to spend real money on bicycle stuff ...

I agree that it is a "very targeted" demographic, but I would also guess that the majority of the visitors pay next to zero attention to the adds. I could be wrong though.

Benotti69 said:
Ah sadly that ain't the truth as most who post in Armstrong threads pointing out the obvious about Armstrong being a doper, a fraud, a bully etc also post in other sections on a regular basis, where as fanboys only pop up in the Armstrong threads and declare their love.

JRTinMA posts in a lot of sections. So does Polish. I don't think that you can back that up with facts.

If what you say were true, then if the Haters stopped engaging with the Fanboys, then the fanboys would go away because there would be no Armstrong discussions going on.

No, the Haters and the Fanboys are two peas in a pod!

I'd love to see the day when MarkW and Cal_Joe post in race threads. Sadly they just hang around the Clinic waiting to point out Grand Jury testimony is sealed.

I think there needs to he a Clinic threshold. For every Clinic post you need to have post 3 times on a race thread.

thehog said:
I'd love to see the day when MarkW and Cal_Joe post in race threads. Sadly they just hang around the Clinic waiting to point out Grand Jury testimony is sealed.

I think there needs to he a Clinic threshold. For every Clinic post you need to have post 3 times on a race thread.

If what you said were true, you'd be telling the truth! I long for the day!

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Brilliant plan until all the people who no longer post or who are no longer willing to waste time posting anything of significance are taken into account.

You have to remember that the CN Forum began soon after Lance started racing again in early 2009. You and me were among the very first people to sign on with the CN forums. Probably among the first 20 or so that signed on.

But it is understandable that many fanboys who signed up then and afterwards have moved on. I miss them too.

MarkvW said:

I long for the day for Lance to pay back his victims.

Maybe he's riding Tri to earn some cash to pay back SCA? He should be flush now. Use some of that Ironman money to restitute his victims?

I long for that day. That would be good of Lance could do that.

thehog said:
I long for the day for Lance to pay back his victims.

Maybe he's riding Tri to earn some cash to pay back SCA? He should be flush now. Use some of that Ironman money to restitute his victims?

I long for that day. That would be good of Lance could do that.

It would be good. But Lance will never do it, because you have been mean to him.

MarkvW said:
It would be good. But Lance will never do it, because you have been mean to him.

Nothing to do with me. But his victims should be restituted. It would be a good start if he started the process of returning the monies owed. Looks like the courts will have to get involved.... he should do the right thing here.

MarkvW said:
Maybe Floyd can show him the way!

He has made a great start by telling the truth. Lance has yet to tell the truth. In fact he's still lying (ref: 600 tests) and digging deeper holes for himself.

I think Lance doesn't want to pay back anyone. He should be flush now that he's doing Tri. Time to start making amends for years of torment and defrauding the public.

Floyd is a million miles ahead of Lance in terms of honesty. But that's another story.....

Lance should start by paying back SCA. Then he can apologise to David Walsh & Paul Kimmidge.

thehog said:
He has made a great start by telling the truth. Lance has yet to tell the truth. In fact he's still lying (ref: 600 tests) and digging deeper holes for himself.

I think Lance doesn't want to pay back anyone. He should be flush now that he's doing Tri. Time to start making amends for years of torment and defrauding the public.

Floyd is a million miles ahead of Lance in terms of honesty. But that's another story.....

Lance should start by paying back SCA. Then he can apologise to David Walsh & Paul Kimmidge.

Hoggy, you're trying to goad me into defending Lance! But I think Lance is indefensible.

But I understand your fascination with him and your need to argue with other people about him. I hope JRT, Polish, Cal or Chris can accomodate you!

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that SCA is still in business.

C'mon, an Insurance Company that tries to weasel out of its obligations?
An Insurance Company that bets against Lance winning a TdF?

If they ARE still in business, they probably have better/more honest Management. Maybe the new management apologized to Lance? They should.

Anyway, year after year after year, Lance donates millions of his own money to LiveStrong. May be one of their biggest contributors. Sure, Lance is filthy rich, but even on a percentage basis he donates more than many others.

MarkvW said:
Hoggy, you're trying to goad me into defending Lance! But I think Lance is indefensible.

But I understand your fascination with him and your need to argue with other people about him. I hope JRT, Polish, Cal or Chris can accomodate you!

Not at all. But if you have a line to the Lance perhaps you could goad him to pay back his victims?

I don't understand. You were adamant Floyd pay back Tailwind. But not Lance?

It's ok...maybe you're victim from Lance's predatory tactics and need time to come to terms with it?

I leave it to you to deal with.... I'll take this up with Polish et al...

MarkvW said:
The Lance-Haters and the Lance-Fanboys have so much in common. They share a fascination with Lance Armstrong and a love of arguing about him!

It's like the Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin where the people with the half-white faces are always fighting with the people with half-black faces.

The haters SAY they want the fanboys to go away, but they'd be utterly bereft if they actually did. They'd soon start new Lance Armstrong threads trolling for new fanboys to re-enter the web and re-start the LoveLance / HateLance dialog!

Ah, the humanity!

Hardly.
I just want him to be exposed for the fraud that he really is in front of the poor duped folks that think he is a 'hero'.

Then it would be great if he would get his narcissistic face out of the spotlight.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:

Another hoggy post that can very easily be shown to be another instance of hoggy just MAKING STUFF UP.

As a side note, I am becoming increasingly concerned that hoggy has never posted in the MTB or Cyclocross subforums. My gosh, what does that say about his dedication to cycling? ;)

Don Johnson

BANNED
May 3, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Hardly.
I just want him to be exposed for the fraud that he really is in front of the poor duped folks that think he is a 'hero'.

Then it would be great if he would get his narcissistic face out of the spotlight.

Armstrong is no better, nor worse than any other narcissistic athlete.

So, as far as fraud, many others out there too.

Why pick on Lance? The CLINIC has done its job by having him investigated.

Good work clinic, Chapaue!

If he wants to win in TRI all good.

Don Johnson said:

All this is of course not true. But it is the last fall back of the Lance fans and the terminally stupid. He is worse because he raised the flag of the "War on Cancer". He also made a s#it load of money off of that "war", and used it as a shield against doping allegations.
In no way that you cut it is he "the same as the others".

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Don Johnson said:

Except that Armstrong has built a global brand outside of the sport he started in based on the perception that he is clean/good/god. The issue is not that he cheated in sport, it is that he used his cheating in sport success and has leaveraged this to become something that transcends sport.

Now he makes a move to triathlon where he will again follow the same process of empire building, but this time he will be dealing with a crowd who are much more likley to swallow his guff without question.

You think the clinic on CN led to him being investigated??? What about his known positive tests from 99. What about the reality that all his major teamates and all his major competitors have been implicated in drugs? Don't you think that might be why he was investigated? Don't you think that might be why people who have really taken an interest in his "story" might be cycnical?

The reason Lance will keep getting the heat is because he continues to build his empire beyond cycling while maintaining a distain for the sport with a sense of "who are we to question". The emotion that he creates is because he has played the card that he can cheat and get away with it. Just a little bit of humility would change things a lot, but has lance ever really shown any humility- ever????

So yeah we are all over Lance, but while he continues to put his big head there to be whacked, there will be plenty who will line up. As has been said - good luck to you triathlon.

mewmewmew13 said:
Hardly.

If I understand correctly, you want to "undupe" Polish, JRT, Cal Joe, and the others by arguing about Lance Armstrong in this forum? I can't believe that you even dream of such a monumental feat of persuasion.