• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance's flat tire

I see you are trying to take the advice about posting in other threads to make you seem less of a troll, which was suggested before your most recent banning. It would help maybe if the nonclinic threads you try to start might be about someone besides the subject of your mancrush however.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Not a fan, huh? You don't have to be to like seeing someone at his level scrambling around to fix a puncher. Cycling can be a great leveler.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
Anybody that gets a flat in a training rider gets to do this. What's the deal? Hope your life highlights pickup next year.

Yeah but, when was the last time you saw a pro do it? They must be so used to a guy jumping out to change the wheel. It was the fact he still went on to win that race that was all part of it.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Umm, last week.

Wow, you saw a GT winner change their tire in the middle of a race and go on to win it? Cool, man. Have you got the tape of that? Or any other instance of a high level pro changing their tire in the middle of a race?

Thanks.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Jeez, my day has had more highlights than your year and its only 8am. Sad, very sad.

Armstrong winning the Leadville despite getting a flat, still breaking the course record, was one of my cycling moments of the year. Didn't really think it was that controversial. There has been a film made about it so a lot of people must also have enjoyed it.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Slayer said:
Armstrong winning the Leadville despite getting a flat, still breaking the course record, was one of my cycling moments of the year. Didn't really think it was that controversial. There has been a film made about it so a lot of people must also have enjoyed it.

According to your OP, your highlight was watching Lance fumble over changing a flat, not winning Leadville. And as others have stated, he had to change his own flat because it is the rules. In any other race, his holiness would not have stooped to such lowly levels. And Leadville, pfft. Great he beat the record, but Leadville doesn't even rate.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
According to your OP, your highlight was watching Lance fumble over changing a flat, not winning Leadville. And as others have stated, he had to change his own flat because it is the rules. In any other race, his holiness would not have stooped to such lowly levels. And Leadville, pfft. Great he beat the record, but Leadville doesn't even rate.

I clarified below it that it was the fact he went on to win the race and all that.

Maybe you're all being so snooty because we're talking about a certain individual here.....

Look, it's no big deal to me that you don't like it - you don't have to enjoy it.

Slayer said:
Wow, you saw a GT winner change their tire in the middle of a race and go on to win it? Cool, man. Have you got the tape of that? Or any other instance of a high level pro changing their tire in the middle of a race?

Thanks.

Well, you had asked
Slayer said:
Yeah but, when was the last time you saw a pro do it?
... which was last week. As to your additional point about a "high level pro changing their tire in the middle of a race" I would just ask if you follow MTB racing much.

Your welcome! :D

Slayer said:
A camera crew following Lancy-poo? Who would have though it! Must be because people love him so much.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Well, you had asked ... which was last week. As to your additional point about a "high level pro changing their tire in the middle of a race" I would just ask if you follow MTB racing much.

Your welcome! :D

But this is the professional cycling forum so we're obviously talking about pro tour pros.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm a fan of Lance, though i'm not blind to his faults as other fanboys.

But I have to say that getting excited over the fact that he messed with his own flat during a mountain bike race is the most moronic thing i can think of. Does the OP know anything about cycling?

bigorange said:
I prefer lancy pants...

Noticed that he thought about picking up his spent cartridge but instead left it on the trail. lame.

Well, in Lance's defense, he didn't want to carry the extra weight, though he could have used the practice, since he struggled to carry Contador's jock at the Tour.

But all in all, saying Lance is a douche for leaving his spent cartridge on the road is like saying GWB was a bad president because he struggled with English. I mean, there are over 1,000 better reasons why both of them are complete turdsniffers.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
But all in all, saying Lance is a douche for leaving his spent cartridge on the road is like saying GWB was a bad president because he struggled with English. I mean, there are over 1,000 better reasons why both of them are complete turdsniffers.

While I disagree with your conclusion of him being a "turdsniffer," I agree that's a pretty petty reason to trash the guy (no pun intended). That stuff happens in races. I've a left a few gu and hammer gel wrappers on the trail (by accident), but those trails are cleaned afterward; at least, I've helped clean my home trail after a race....several times.

By the way, what happens to those projectile bottles thrown from the peloton? Mad dash for the souvenir or do they just sit?

Slayer, just curious, but how old are you?

TRENDING THREADS