• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance's program was superior? The evidence

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
RR was very obviously trying to argue that the article provided evidence that EPO provides different levels of performance enhancement for different individuals. There is nothing in that article that supports that.

As an aside, I find it interesting that some of you change tactics in the middle of an argument. Was it a better program, or was LA just a better responder? If the latter, no need to bring in Ferrari at all. OTOH, if he was a better responder, those same articles you claim show wide variation in responding to EPO (I can't access the latest link offered, so can't comment on it) would also indicate that LA would definitely not be the only one, and probably not the greatest responder.
Be careful with your accusations - I have never said Lance was a good (or bad) responder.
I have always maintained that LA's programme was better because of Ferrari and have never "changed tactics".

Merckx index said:
I pointed that out in my post. But I also pointed out that he tried to win these races on occasion, and failed. Moreover, sincehe won TDS or Dauphine several times pre-Tour, the argument that he couldn't excel in a race that he entered primarily for training clearly does not hold.

Fair enough - but LA broke his pre Tour season in to 2 parts.
Arrive in Europe Feb/March build up form for the late Classics, he was usually in good form but not top form.
Then in May he went off doing more 'training' or recon - and he was building his form to peak for July which meant he was always in pretty good form for the Dauphine and TdS in June - as they were his last prep races.

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Question about Lance's Superior program. What was it not as superior in 2003 as it was in the past and future tours? Did his wife at the time flush his epo and blood bags down the toilet after she discovered them?

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Lajeretta4Ever said:
Question about Lance's Superior program. What was it not as superior in 2003 as it was in the past and future tours? Did his wife at the time flush his epo and blood bags down the toilet after she discovered them?

Lance has the ultimate set of tools. Like the UCI.

TRENDING THREADS