• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis letter re drug use in cycling

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thought I would start a thread on this even though CN has yet to confirm that Floyd Landis is the author or reveal what allegations it contains. If it is Floyd, I hope any 'revelations' bring him closer to peace and don't make his life more miserable. I wonder how long it would take people who were once in his corner to turn on him if his accusations struck too close to home? Cover ups and denials begin in 3, 2, 1...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh my goodness **** is going DOWN. Armstrong better get his lawyers on the phone pronto, because he is going to have to sue the **** out of someone.

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
God I hope **** hits the fan. Entertaining week for cycling if some damning things are said. Epic Giro, interesting ToC and now FLAndog dropping bombs. Awesome.

Jamsque said:
Oh my goodness **** is going DOWN. Armstrong better get his lawyers on the phone pronto, because he is going to have to sue the **** out of someone.

His been threatening this for a long time. He kept dropping hints about the USPS days and obviously the payment didn’t kick in or Landis was p1ssed at the lies that were being spewed out. Sleeping on a sofa on 25,000USD a year can’t be fun whilst watching Armstrong clean up.

Good on him for finally telling the truth. It was a matter of time. I don’t think it makes a big difference in the grand scheme of things but it might lay a few demons to bed.

He does have photos which will help the case.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Bam the fark down. I think it is time for me to come out of exile and log back in. Hopefully this is not BS.

Pass the popcorn. :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What I would like to know is whether it is some third party who has nabbed the letter and passed it on to CN, or whether it has come directly from (or been deliberately leaked by) Landis himself.

Landis just shut down his Twitter. He means it this time. Enough is enough. I still think Hog and Armstrong will pull the crazy card and deny all knowledge but if Floyd puts those photos in then what can they do?

My only concern is CyclingNews et al won't publish the letter to protect franchise Armstrong.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Landis just shut down his Twitter. He means it this time. Enough is enough. I still think Hog and Armstrong will pull the crazy card and deny all knowledge but if Floyd puts those photos in then what can they do?

My only concern is CyclingNews et al won't publish the letter to protect franchise Armstrong.

What does shutting down Twitter mean???

I think they will publish it. They are the first to report it so there was no pressure there.

ChrisE said:
What does shutting down Twitter mean???

I think they will publish it. They are the first to report it so there was no pressure there.

But they didn't publish the letter they just reported it. Lawyers spring into action, advertising shutdown and the letter will never see the light of day. It will drip feed out in some blog and not get noticed.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Floyd has always been one of my very favorite TdF winners.
And he has put up with way too much crap from the haters for sure.

I think he is doing Lance a favor, at least in the long run.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Landis just shut down his Twitter..

He opened up his twitter again after he shut it down the last time? How many times has he done that?

If cycling news are running with this then it seems there might be something to it, but the only thing that makes me question it is thehog claiming he is in the know and seems quite keen to claim this is the end for Armstrong

May 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
But they didn't publish the letter they just reported it. Lawyers spring into action, advertising shutdown and the letter will never see the light of day. It will drip feed out in some blog and not get noticed.

If they don't publish it then it will get out somehow. This is too big, and FL could always release it himself.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Eyjafjallajokull said:
... but the only thing that makes me question it is thehog claiming he is in the know and seems quite keen to claim this is the end for Armstrong

I read his 3 posts and don't see any claims of insight, just educated guesswork. Did you come here to discuss the topic or pick a fight?

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Before people get too excited, the CN news flash stated: " A letter purportedly sent from Floyd Landis"

Which means it may have been sent by Floyd or it could be just some other moron sending it. Waiting for confirmation would be the sensible thing to have done before posting a sensationalist headline that has yet to be backed up with evidence.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
/\ /\ /\ /\
SpartacusRox, you misread the article. What it said was that they have a letter that was purportedly sent from Floyd Landis to a major cycling official. This is not a letter from Floyd to CN, it is a letter from Floyd to someone else that CN has gotten hold of somehow, the article doesn't mention.

I have to sleep, but when I get up tomorrow I fully expect the cycling world to have been rocked to its VERY CORE. Nothing else will satisfy.

Reactions: mewmewmew13
Eyjafjallajokull said:
He opened up his twitter again after he shut it down the last time? How many times has he done that?

If cycling news are running with this then it seems there might be something to it, but the only thing that makes me question it is thehog claiming he is in the know and seems quite keen to claim this is the end for Armstrong

I have no idea whats in the letter :rolleyes:

However the key content will be USPS and access to the programs not so much Armstrong. Along with detail of the testing and the program at Phonak referece to BMC. Vaughters will also have to explain himself. Good guy but he never really told the world what happened.

A

Anonymous

Why would they announce it before confirming sources? That seems journalistically suspect if not down right stupid. I can assure you that there are lawyers springing into action as we speak. Preemptive assessment of the legal ramifications of publishing such a letter? Maybe they want to see who contacts them and what those attorneys have to say? Maybe not so stupid?

TRENDING THREADS