• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis tells Lance to sue him...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
...Anyway, are you saying Lance should have bribed Floyd? C'mon.......

It isn't a bribe, it is a settlement and- at least here in the US- we use it a few times a year at my work.

You are compensating the individual for his silence. Perfectly legal when agreed upon by the parties and, until a subpoena it is untouchable.;)

We call it buying a soul.

sub240

BANNED
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Too bad Novitzky doesn't offer the same accommodation. And, it's on Lance's nickel...

It is on the tax payers dime. Will the Fed's investigation have to show its financials?

Armstrong's use of the cancer community will go down in history as a very immoral action from a cancer survivor. People will be less likely to accept any forthcoming apology after he has been exposed as a fraud.

uspostal said:
Maybe Floyd isn't the save the sport of cycling from PED guy that everybody thought. Imagine he has a ax to grind with people, over not being hired so lets go the nuke route. If LA starts some action with this he may have to do a depisistion(sp) and I'm sure that now is not the time for that. He'll wait then later try to counter throw Floyd under a different bus.

Chuck

I can't help but notice that you have chosen as your signature line the statement that all crooks and dirtbags use to justify their actions.

sub240

BANNED
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I can't help but notice that you have chosen as your signature line the statement that all crooks and dirtbags use to justify their actions.

That just means uspostal has issues with fair play.

Hard to tell if this chuck @ uspostal is serious or seriously messed up.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
sub240 said:
That just means uspostal has issues with fair play.

Hard to tell if this chuck @ uspostal is serious or seriously messed up.

It actually comes from NASCAR racing, everybody knows that cheating is going on, so hensforth it only cheating when you get caught. Serous, no, serously messed up not really. I don't have issues with fair play, I'll wait till LA v FL plays out and take the decision of the court as the right one. No matter what happens after all is said and done, in 10 yrs nobody will give a rats *** about any of this (at least I hope so ).

Chuck

uspostal said:
It actually comes from NASCAR racing, everybody knows that cheating is going on, so hensforth it only cheating when you get caught. Serous, no, serously messed up not really. I don't have issues with fair play, I'll wait till LA v FL plays out and take the decision of the court as the right one. No matter what happens after all is said and done, in 10 yrs nobody will give a rats *** about any of this (at least I hope so ).

Chuck

Yeah, because none of us remember Riis winning the Tour fraudulently or some of the biggest names in the sport being busted in the Festina affair or Pantani hitting the skids and ODing because he was caught with a high haematocrit in the 99 Giro.

Lance is way, way bigger than any of those stories so if he goes down, it will be remembered for a long, long time.