• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis tells Lance to sue him...

thehog said:
http://eyescoops.ca/2010/08/newsweek-roots-of-the-landis-armstrong-rift/

Good article with some new details. The Bruyneel email is interesting along with the Lance lawyers saying they haven't got the time to sue Landis!!

Need to do a better job reading the article. Armstrong's lawyers said “We have no interest in prosecuting Floyd Landis … Filing a complaint with criminal authorities is not a very efficient use of Lance’s time or energy.” Criminal prosecution is different from a lawsuit.

Marva32 said:
Need to do a better job reading the article. Armstrong's lawyers said “We have no interest in prosecuting Floyd Landis … Filing a complaint with criminal authorities is not a very efficient use of Lance’s time or energy.” Criminal prosecution is different from a lawsuit.

You are correct. It takes far less energy to file a criminal complaint. The DA and police will investigate and if there is a basis for a case they will pursue it.

Seems to me if Lance really believed Landis was extorting him, he has plenty of time to file a criminal complaint

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Marva32 said:

Interesting choice of words "prosecuting Floyd". That would presume a crime not a civil matter. Hopefully they know they aren't representing a higher authority anymore.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Floyd isn't the save the sport of cycling from PED guy that everybody thought. Imagine he has a ax to grind with people, over not being hired so lets go the nuke route. If LA starts some action with this he may have to do a depisistion(sp) and I'm sure that now is not the time for that. He'll wait then later try to counter throw Floyd under a different bus.

Chuck

May 25, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
http://eyescoops.ca/2010/08/newsweek-roots-of-the-landis-armstrong-rift/

Good article with some new details. The Bruyneel email is interesting along with the Lance lawyers saying they haven't got the time to sue Landis!!

To me this is an indication that Bruyneel is feeling surprisingly little heat or else he would be watching what he says a bit more.

"Bruyneel says he turned Landis away because of his reputation as a doper. “I told him it would be a bad PR move” "

Right, unlike Kloden (and BAsso before him) who bring no baggage as dopers! Seems like comments like these could be used against him later.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is all about saving resources for a big Lemond assault.

I'm sure that although Floyd has probably annoyed LA, Lemond is still the person he wants to f&%k over royally.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
LA will never sue FL because if he did that would leave FL's lawyers open to take testimony from Kristen Armstrong. I believe that long ago she said that if called she would have nothing to say but the truth... not gonna happen if LA can help it.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
PedalMasher said:

I'm sure that although Floyd has probably annoyed LA, Lemond is still the person he wants to f&%k over royally.

Sorry, your posting made me laugh so hard my morning coffee shot out my nose and all over the keyboard :p :p

So, can you share any insider's details of this "big assault"? I guess Lance is just lying low now and "saving energy" until the EXACT moment he can reveal it to us??

As for FLandis, the man finally realized that when dealing w/ LA/Bruyneel, there is no 'honor among thieves'. FLand kept his mouth shut, took the fall, and in the end....the Cancer Warrior couldn't even be bothered to lobby the ToC.

If LA had half a brain, he would have said, "Can't rehire you. Taking a disgraced Tour winner back to France is a no-no. Instead, will give you $1M for your troubles and wish you good luck." By the end of this, LA will have spent many times over in terms of legal bills and lost endorsements. Again, half a brain.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
PedalMasher said:

I think you're right. After all, why do it in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, or 2010? Better to wait. Maybe in 2020?

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
I think you're right. After all, why do it in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, or 2010? Better to wait. Maybe in 2020?

"And on the day of Revelation, all shall be judged. And the believers shall be rewarded and go to a Higher Place, and the disbelievers will suffer for eternity."

Repent now!! :D

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Landis is like a carton of milk..hurry up and use it before it spoils. If Lance or anybody else sues him it will extend his 15 minutes. What a legacy. The word disgraced is like his first name in every story

A

Anonymous

Lance Armstrong is like a fraud who uses people with a terminal illness to cover the fact that he is a junkie doping freak...no wait, he isn't "like" that, he is that.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
ManInFull said:
And that word will soon be used to described the 7-time TdF winner.

I understand lots of the anger about Lance and his escape from what people feel are actions that he should have punished for..including the Frankie/Betsy fiasco.. The bad part is for all the angry people is that the UCI has said that his record will stand the 7 wins are his and can't be Floyded at this point

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
Sorry, your posting made me laugh so hard my morning coffee shot out my nose and all over the keyboard :p :p

If LA had half a brain, he would have said, "Can't rehire you. Taking a disgraced Tour winner back to France is a no-no. Instead, will give you $1M for your troubles and wish you good luck." By the end of this, LA will have spent many times over in terms of legal bills and lost endorsements. Again, half a brain.

LOL! Your post not only made ME laugh so hard my AFTERNOON coffee shot out MY nose, but my sphincter ani let loose and I released a noisy and substantial torrent. You owe the customers in the Shop an apology lol again!

Anyway, are you saying Lance should have bribed Floyd? C'mon....

Lance has always been a smart business man. But you do not need a Harvard MBA to understand the time and effort analysis....

A 2year+ lawsuit against Floyd...Payout=used couch, cushion change incl.

80 minutes working with Nissan on Leaf advert...Payout=$200k
And Nissan flies to France to film around Lance's schedule.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Lance Armstrong is like a fraud who uses people with a terminal illness to cover the fact that he is a junkie doping freak...no wait, he isn't "like" that, he is that.

Oooooh... that left a mark !

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I understand lots of the anger about Lance and his escape from what people feel are actions that he should have punished for..including the Frankie/Betsy fiasco.. The bad part is for all the angry people is that the UCI has said that his record will stand the 7 wins are his and can't be Floyded at this point

...and I'm sure those 7 wins will comfort him for all those nights he spends sharing a jail cell with some 400-pound guy the inmates refer to as "McLovin"!:p

A

Anonymous

Polish said:
LOL! Your post not only made ME laugh so hard my AFTERNOON coffee shot out MY nose, but my sphincter ani let loose and I released a noisy and substantial torrent. You owe the customers in the Shop an apology lol again!

I truly wish I hadn't read this.

Scott SoCal said:
I truly wish I hadn't read this.

This probably won't help the mental image either:

BasementDork.jpg