• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis the prevaricator

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MarkvW said:
I'm not disagreeing with you. Only in cycling can a dirty long-term spectacular dope cheat be an asset to the sport. I am sure that Floyd is an asset! :D

Shows how very far gone the filthy sport is. It's so deliciously corrupt!

Typically you have missed the point, Floyd is an asset not because he was a "long term spectacular doper" (which seems to you to make him different to Contador, Shlecks, Riis, Indurian, one could go on) but rather because he has spoken out about the true level of organised doping within the "deliciously corrupt" sport. In other words Sparky, he has done things that might help to make it less corrupt. Unless all the "fans" react like you and Don.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
So an ex-rider who "outs" dopers (breaks omerta) is bad and should be shunned. Ex-riders who have been caught served their time and are no longer doping or racing, but rather just going out and riding with the fans are also
bad for the sport. Who is "good for the sport"? All the guys who are still racing, still doping, still lying, and still upholding omerta. Not your turn to use the brain this week I see.:rolleyes:

I think what he means is, Henry Hill (from Goodfellas) is still "Henry Hill". Doesn't matter that he flipped on his friends. He's still accountable for what he did. Don't celebrate the guy.

He doesn't get extra credit points. Being honest is what we're already "Supposed to do"

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8

BotanyBay said:
I think what he means is, Henry Hill (from Goodfellas) is still "Henry Hill". Doesn't matter that he flipped on his friends. He's still accountable for what he did. Don't celebrate the guy.

He doesn't get extra credit points. Being honest is what we're already "Supposed to do"

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8

And yet Lance is racing triathalons while people complain about Floyd riding in a touring ride. Is it OK as long as you keep the lie going?

Don Johnson said:
There are different types of Gran Fondos.
The one I saw from Italy, the guys were going hard, and the top finishers were televised,( I saw on CYCLINGTV.) Some are for charity,(Levis, sponsored stage in this years ToC, gives money to youth groups and animal protection, and another one I rode that was poorly equipped without enough food or water106o wow, heat stroke, that was for profit only.)
Like I said, Floyd rides the Baldy Etape. He has outted riders, who are still in the sport, and retired riders teams. He thumbed his nose at the ToC/if Floyd feels good about rideng the etape more power to him.

I think having banned riders like Ullrich, Rico, DiLucca(while he was banned, same with Rebbelin) riding and racing fondos, is sending the wrong message.

Especially bad when people are betting on banned riders(double bad.)

For a rider like me I like riding with pros and ex pros, that is why I ride them, and to elevate cycling to the general public.

I lost track of which returning troll is which. Can someone clue me in to whose sockpupper this is?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
And yet Lance is racing triathalons while people complain about Floyd riding in a touring ride. Is it OK as long as you keep the lie going?

I wonder what the Ironman folks will do (them being a private for-profit entity) once Lance rolls-over and plays dead with the USADA case? My guess? They don't care. They cut a deal with Armstrong and they'll take his press-draw for everything it's worth. Lance probably gets a nice revenue cut from the events he enters.

Hugh Januss said:
Typically you have missed the point, Floyd is an asset not because he was a "long term spectacular doper" (which seems to you to make him different to Contador, Shlecks, Riis, Indurian, one could go on) but rather because he has spoken out about the true level of organised doping within the "deliciously corrupt" sport. In other words Sparky, he has done things that might help to make it less corrupt. Unless all the "fans" react like you and Don.

Landis is an asset to the sport?
Unbelievable.

Are you sure your spellchecker didn't replace hole with et?

Don Johnson

BANNED
May 3, 2012
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I wonder what the Ironman folks will do (them being a private for-profit entity) once Lance rolls-over and plays dead with the USADA case? My guess? They don't care. They cut a deal with Armstrong and they'll take his press-draw for everything it's worth. Lance probably gets a nice revenue cut from the events he enters.

You have to imagine if Lance loses his tour(s), he will become persona non-grata around sports for 4 years, and then he will come back forgiven. (AmericanIcon)
Tyler is a tri coach and he was forgiven by the general public after 2 years(2nd ban.) Ullrich has never been seen as a villaln, except by German journalists.
Barry Bonds I don't know.
Landis is a special case.

Don Johnson said:
You have to imagine if Lance loses his tour(s), he will become persona non-grata around sports for 4 years, and then he will come back forgiven. (AmericanIcon)
Tyler is a tri coach and he was forgiven by the general public after 2 years(2nd ban.) Ullrich has never been seen as a villaln, except by German journalists.
Barry Bonds I don't know.
Landis is a special case.

No Lance is the "special case", he is the only one to use cancer as a shield. He did it with his ridiculous "death sentence" quote, he did it with Kimmage at Tour of California.
Why is Landis a special case, because he stopped lying?
Always better to lie all the way to the bitter end, huh?

Hugh Januss said:

Okay, have it your way Anuss! Floyd's an asset because he tells the world just how deliciously corrupt pro cycling is!

Hugh Januss said:
No Lance is the "special case", he is the only one to use cancer as a shield. He did it with his ridiculous "death sentence" quote, he did it with Kimmage at Tour of California.
Why is Landis a special case, because he stopped lying?
Always better to lie all the way to the bitter end, huh?

Hugh Januss said:
Yeah yeah, we get it, you are as much a real fan of cycling as you are a lawyer.

Real fans of cycling dont call someone like Landis an asset.
Only in the political cesspool that is American cycling, could Landis be judged in this way.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
A quick read of some of these posts
makes me think Landis and Armstrong
are far greater assets to the sport
than many of its "fans." Seriously od'ed
on piety pills, boys.

montagna lunga said:
A quick read of some of these posts
makes me think Landis and Armstrong
are far greater assets to the sport
than many of its "fans." Seriously od'ed
on piety pills, boys.

It is always great when a pious toolbag enters a thread to tell everyone how much better he is than everyone else. Way to go.

andy1234 said:
Real fans of cycling dont call someone like Landis an asset.
Only in the political cesspool that is American cycling, could Landis be judged in this way.

What? Yeah too bad American cycling can't be as clean and straightforward as Europe and the UCI.
So which Europeans do you see as the true assets? Ferrari, Bruyneel maybe, how about the Spanish federation those guys are really working to clean up the sport.

Hugh Januss said:
What? Yeah too bad American cycling can't be as clean and straightforward as Europe and the UCI.
So which Europeans do you see as the true assets? Ferrari, Bruyneel maybe, how about the Spanish federation those guys are really working to clean up the sport.

Clearly None of those mentioned are assets either.
Armstrong, Landis, Bruyneel, Ferrari........not assets.
Its pretty simple really.

Pro Cycling: The Sport of Frankenriders

BroDeal said:
Does anyone else wonder whether Marky Mark even owns a bike?

Heck! I rode 81 miles on Sunday. Would have ridden longer, but I misprogrammed my GPS and didn't want to be bonked, frustrated, and misoriented as darkness approached. Commute to work too (unless it is icy slick)! I love riding! Can't wait to lose 25 pounds, so I can reward myself with a new bike. I've been riding for about eight years! Rode 184 miles one day (around Mt. Rainier)!

But I am not going to blindfold myself when I look at the pro peloton. It is a filthy sport--fun to watch, but filthy.

And you holier-than-thou guys crack me up! Pro cycling is built upon Frankenstein Monsters! It is the sport of Frankenriders!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It is always great when a pious toolbag enters a thread to tell everyone how much better he is than everyone else. Way to go.

kinda like one of those multicolored screwdriver sets back in the day. The color makes those screwdrivers so much better.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
roadfreak44 said:
I cant help but wonder why cycling news is still printing anything that lying scumbag Landis has to offer. He has admitted to lying, was convicted of hacking the afld lab computers and was caught tampering with a witness in the usada case against him when he treatened lemond with disclosure of child abuse history. That si a federal felkony offnese...funny thta usada didnt say anything aobut it...ah the deals people make...fiurther proof of his shining character..He was so remorseful about his doping that he came clean by choosing to offer "further proof" only when armstrong was about to start the tour of california and then again at the tour de france..just coincidence folks...why is this ****** still given any credence or any news coverage? It is sickening...

here is one for the wonderlic test

every human is doping.

I work in the water porufiication field...the amount fo chemicals thta find their way into our drinking water suppolies now is staggrering. In the united states municiplaiites test for aobut 120 of 1200 compounds thta are currently in water. we are seeign water supplies contaminated with trace elements of antibiotics, anti dperessants and so many chemiclas we cant begin to decipher them all.
according to the micro limits imposed by wada we will all be "dopers" by definitipon. Plasitcizers are COMMON in human urine now because of the high level of fluids we intAKE FroM PLASTIC BOTTLES WHICH LEACH PLASTICIZER INTO THEIR CONTENTS DURING TIMES OF SHELF STORAGE. Humans discard ONE BILLION PLASTIC BOTTLES EVERY DAY! thats after they drink what is inside them...how many plastic bottles do pro cyclists drink from? they found trace elements of plasticizer in Contadors urine and made an erroneous assumption but they can make the same assumption for a majority of the humna race...WE ARE ALL DOPING if the bar for doping is ht epresence of any amount of plasitriczer in urine.,...However we are doing it inadvertently. This has become common in random samples of human urine both in the us and in europe...wada needs to get their s*** together and look at the amount of chemicals leaching into water supplies all over the world and put a water expert on their panel as humans dump ever increasing amounts of chemical garbage into the water supplies and it changes the chemical makeup of urine.....if I were a pro cyclist I would drink NOTHING but spring water form proven protected springs because of the high amount of inorganics in the water supply. Being aware of the contamination problem that is out of control i installed a very sophisticated filter system in my house...would reccommend the same for every pro cyclist..

so is everyone lying because everyone is doping?

andy1234 said:
Clearly None of those mentioned are assets either.
Armstrong, Landis, Bruyneel, Ferrari........not assets.
Its pretty simple really.
Manzano was a doper. His revelations brought about Puerto and the fall of Saiz, Belda & the whole Kelme structure (by then, Comunitat Valenciana).

I'd say he was a damn fine asset.