• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis to Rock

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott SoCal said:
Mea culpa...

My wife bought a pair of jeans for me. They are Rock & Republic. I nearly shit myself. I looked at the sticker price. The ticket read $195.00 (US).

It was at this time that she noticed the steam coming out of my ears and she chimed in "got 'em on sale for 40 bucks"... So, I tried them on, they fit great and were cheaper than Levi's.

Don't know how much they cost to make but I guess they made a profit. They can use my $40 to hire Flandis but I will burn these jeans if Kayle comes back to the team. He has my vote as the dumbest doped 'pro' cyclist in the history of dumb doping pro cyclists.

I thought these jeans were retailing for like $400 bucks? If the sticker said $195 and your wife got them for $40 then pretty soon Floyd won't be the only guy sleeping on couches.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
That post today.wow. 2200 dollar race, doesn't know about his teams status and he brought a bottle of booze instead of a skinsuit for the TT. He is probably getting ready to start writing his try at Dog in the hat, he should call Kimmage and get the best ghost writer in the sport. You had a good run Floyd.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I posted this in the LA forum partly by mistake, also because LA's name is in there can I put it anywhere else? But anyway, it got buried pretty quickly so I have moved it

FLandis said:
All that drinking is starting to pay off, I beat the course record set by Zman two years ago and I was on somebody else's road bike with clinchers and no aero clothes. Take that f@*#ers.

I don't know even if Ball has thought about the team these last two weeks. I have no clue what's going on. After the Tour of the Bahamas I'm going back to my shack behind the car wash. Maybe I'll write a book.

I sure hope he writes that book. Armstrong so get some hush money ready out of his TDU appearance fee. Or help Floyd to a different Shack, not the one behind a carwash, especially with the Rock situation.

Personally I hope he writes the book

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Landis sounds like a bitter, bitter man.

wouldn't you be?

with the caveat of his actions around the time of his hearing re: LeMond/the FLandis fund, knowing what he knows about everything that went down at USPS for all those years how much of a F-U it must be to see Lance picking up $3mil for tanning in Australia, flying on his private jet, all that celebrity *** he was getting etc. when you are barely getting through the days and living behind a carwash?

again, with that caveat I feel big time for the guy, I think Lance should be careful about Floyd, he knows a lot and he is hitting the bottom, especially now with on OUCH and the Rock thing blown I wonder if he still has that photo mentioned in the Vaughters - Andreu IM?

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
wouldn't you be?

with the caveat of his actions around the time of his hearing re: LeMond/the FLandis fund, knowing what he knows about everything that went down at USPS for all those years how much of a F-U it must be to see Lance picking up $3mil for tanning in Australia, flying on his private jet, all that celebrity *** he was getting etc. when you are barely getting through the days and living behind a carwash?

again, with that caveat I feel big time for the guy, I think Lance should be careful about Floyd, he knows a lot and he is hitting the bottom, especially now with on OUCH and the Rock thing blown I wonder if he still has that photo mentioned in the Vaughters - Andreu IM?

I have discussed this very issue with some fellow racers and we concluded that there is not enough money in a "blowing the lid on LA story" for the whistle blower. At this point LA's fans are too numerous and too indoctrinated to ever believe he was a cheat even in the face of photographic evidence or testimony by Floyd, Tyler, George etc... they woudld just explain it away. There is juts not enough payoff for the Whistleblower, in the is case Floyd. He might do it out of spite but I am sure Bruneel has a rapid response reply ready after all these years in case Tyler, Floyd, George and Frankie all got togther and had a press conference...(that would be cool actually)

oldschoolnik said:
I have discussed this very issue with some fellow racers and we concluded that there is not enough money in a "blowing the lid on LA story" for the whistle blower. At this point LA's fans are too numerous and too indoctrinated to ever believe he was a cheat even in the face of photographic evidence or testimony by Floyd, Tyler, George etc... they woudld just explain it away. There is juts not enough payoff for the Whistleblower, in the is case Floyd. He might do it out of spite but I am sure Bruneel has a rapid response reply ready after all these years in case Tyler, Floyd, George and Frankie all got togther and had a press conference...(that would be cool actually)

They would simply discredit them as disgruntled former teammates looking to make a buck.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
They would simply discredit them as disgruntled former teammates looking to make a buck.

surely people cannot be that ignorant?

I mean, I can see them not believing Walsh, less so Kimmage. But FLandis and Tyler, with photos, properly document in a big *** book co-authoured by someone with respect from a reporting perspective? If so, it relects on the sad state of affairs that people will believe anything if the hype machine is well oiled and telling them what they want to hear

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:

I mean, I can see them not believing Walsh, less so Kimmage. But FLandis and Tyler, with photos, properly document in a big *** book co-authoured by someone with respect from a reporting perspective? If so, it relects on the sad state of affairs that people will believe anything if the hype machine is well oiled and telling them what they want to hear

I don't think actual proof, like a photo could be dismissed, but if it was only their word then I don't think it would convince very many.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I do not think Floyd and Tyler would do tell all book. They love cycling and would gain nothing by tarnishing the sport even more.

Big GMaC said:

Photos can be doctored. I'm not saying that it would be right, I'm just saying that from Armstrong's perspective that would be the logical initial response. The onus would definitely be on Floyd and Tyler (and whoever) to have as much independent corroborating evidence is they could muster.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Looking a Landis' comments, I wouldn't be so confident that he loves the sport at this point. Certainly not the politics of it.

Maybe so. I am sure that Tyler and Floyd feel betrayed. I do think that Floyd has an amazingly cynical sense of humor. I do not think he is a malicious individual and a tell all book would be malicious.

I mean where would it start, where would it end? Floyd was the turkey who hired that dumb body guard that threatened Greg LeMond right?

I think that Floyd has learned not to be a dufus through his unsuccessful fight with WADA, bankruptcy divorce etc.

flicker said:
Maybe so. I am sure that Tyler and Floyd feel betrayed. I do think that Floyd has an amazingly cynical sense of humor. I do not think he is a malicious individual and a tell all book would be malicious.

I mean where would it start, where would it end? Floyd was the turkey who hired that dumb body guard that threatened Greg LeMond right?

I think that Floyd has learned not to be a dufus through his unsuccessful fight with WADA, bankruptcy divorce etc.

why would a truthful book be malicious??

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Looking a Landis' comments, I wouldn't be so confident that he loves the sport at this point. Certainly not the politics of it.

Publicus said:
why would a truthful book be malicious??

I never followed Landis until these dreadful 1.3 years of unemployment.

The local bike shop gave me just about every pro cycling magazine as well as velosnooze.

I watched the tour floyd lost 2006. In that race he was palling around with rassmusson and O. Peiro. I beleive that those freindships are probably still happening,just as with ballsolo, tyler etc.

Ratting out your partners is malicious just as doping is a crime.

To write the book would betray his compatriots his family and the fans he still has. Therefore no point in it. It might make LeMond feel better though.

flicker said:
I never followed Landis until these dreadful 1.3 years of unemployment.

The local bike shop gave me just about every pro cycling magazine as well as velosnooze.

I watched the tour floyd lost 2006. In that race he was palling around with rassmusson and O. Peiro. I beleive that those freindships are probably still happening,just as with ballsolo, tyler etc.

Ratting out your partners is malicious just as doping is a crime.

To write the book would betray his compatriots his family and the fans he still has. Therefore no point in it. It might make LeMond feel better though.

I don't agree, but I'll agree to disagree.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know. What do you do when you've been a doper, depended on dope for a living, been busted, disgraced, are afraid to dope yet don't know any other way to make a living? Plus all your friends still are professional dopers.

You have 3 choices, write the book, move to Spain or move to Italy.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Because it would potentially very dangerous to the mental health of fanboys everywhere?

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
He can't. Doesn't have a working visa or residency. Broke the law in France be hard pushed to find his way into an EU country again.
You are kiddin' right? He is wanted for questioning in France, Spain will give him as many back to back visas as can be inked as long as his bank account can show he is fat and healthy and not on the dole. You can be a murder and live in Belgium. As long as you are not asking for state assistance as an American everybody assumes you are going home. I lived in Belgium for 19 months last time and didn't get no stinking visa. No welfare no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS