• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last battle at lombardy! Who will win?

Who will win Lombardia?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Who will the Giro di Lombardia? I think it will be;
1.Sanchez
2.Evans
3.Vinokourov
Here is the route:
profile.jpg

A

Anonymous

Originally I voted Cunego (in the 'what names in lombardia' thread), but upon seeing the recent attitude and confidence of my main man from Oz in the warm-up races, my vote goes to the world champion CADEL EVANS!!!

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I vote for number one best dressed man in all of eastern central Europe. VINO! Becasue I have a mad man crush on him.

However Silence lotto has a strong team (yes, it's wierd to say that) and Gilbert or Cuddles could pull it off.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I am pulling for Cunego. I always pull for Cunego. But I voted for Vino just for the heck of it. Vino is getting better and better.
same but in reverse order. vinokourov's climbing legs are better that during the wc and he already showed excellent tt form. that last 200 m bump with sharp short descent was made for him. the farking guy is always fun to watch.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Vino will win with a 12 minute lead. Cunego is always there and will be 2nd. 3rd will be a surprise.

Evans or Gesink winning 2 one day races in a month time? Don't think so ;p

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bluebeard said:
Voted Evans, surprised to see Vino poll so well and amazed to see il piccolo principe poll so poorly.

I think almost every Vino vote is from someone who thinks Cunego will win it, but hopes for Vino. I know at least 1 ;p

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
I think almost every Vino vote is from someone who thinks Cunego will win it, but hopes for Vino. I know at least 1 ;p

Vino is definitely strong, but he is racing like an amateur again - always attacking too early and on unfavourable terrain/winds. Timing is everying in Lombardia. Bit like San Remo is that regard.

ak-zaaf said:

Well, I am hoping for Cunego, but I think he may have peaked in the Vuelta and is down slightly in form. I would not be surprised to see a repeat of the WC RR where he is there in the end but lacks that little extra to go with the winning move.

I picked Vino because if I were betting on this then I would choose someone who is viewed as a notch below the other contenders but has shown rising form so that there is a reasonable chance he could pull off the win. Vino fits those criteria.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Well, I am hoping for Cunego, but I think he may have peaked in the Vuelta and is down slightly in form. I would not be surprised to see a repeat of the WC RR where he is there in the end but lacks that little extra to go with the winning move.

I picked Vino because if I were betting on this then I would choose someone who is viewed as a notch below the other contenders but has shown rising form so that there is a reasonable chance he could pull off the win. Vino fits those criteria.

I agree with your thoughts!! I always root for Cunego especially at this time of year...but for some reason I don't think he will pull it off. He will be there, but lack the punch for the win...If he does not win, I would really love to see Lovkvist take the win!!! I like his style and his form seems to be pretty good. Should be a great race!!

A

Anonymous

heart pulls for vino.. its just a matter wether one of this many idiot attacks actually works....

if it doesnt, the cunego....

I'm picking Cuddles. An Italian typically wins it, but I'll pick the upset. He's got the form, the jersey, and if Gilbert will ride for him I think Cadel has a serious shot.

1. Evans
2. Cunego
3. Gesink

BTW, what's with all the Vino love? I mean he blew up in a big, big way in the finale of Emilia and that race is like 50kms shorter.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
heart pulls for vino..

Can't really believe all the votes for Vino. What's the thinking, he's done his time now give him a fresh start? I dunno - at least Basso, Miller, (the sadly late) VDB all fessed up in the end. I can't support a guy like Vino who has continued his denials.

laziali said:
Can't really believe all the votes for Vino. What's the thinking, he's done his time now give him a fresh start? I dunno - at least Basso, Miller, (the sadly late) VDB all fessed up in the end. I can't support a guy like Vino who has continued his denials.

With riders like Armstrong still racing and getting VIP treatment by the UCI and race organizers, who cares what Vino has done? At least he paid a price. People support Vino because he is an exciting racer.