• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour '19 stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Tignes 126km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Le Tour '19 stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Tignes 1

Pantani_lives said:
JosephK said:
On a lighter note, after the Pinot tragedy, at least Ineos will win another Tour. :lol: :(
That's the ultimate disaster. Thomas' chances to win the Tour have just gone up dramatically. Bernal won't be allowed to react. Steven K. and Buchmann are only interested in a place of honour. Pinot was the guy who closed the gap on Thomas yesterday. The others didn't even react.
Buchmann did

Scarponi said:
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
I honestly don't think I have seen something more heartbreaking on live TV
I can think of only one, and its not a cycling moment
I don't know what you mean but as you write it, it was probably an Australian Open final

Edit: Or maybe Ajax vs Tottenham? I'm curious now
Wimbledon 2009 for me
2000 Sydney Olympics in the 50km Walk Aussie Jane Saville was ahead by minutes about to walk into the stadium and she got DQed. I can still hear the scream at night

50km for women was introduced in London 2012. Must`ve been 20k...
Also Yohan Diniz fainting and shi**ing himself en route to a Top 10 finish in Rio 2016 as a WR holder speaking of walking

Just like SK in the 2016 Giro, chances to win the Tour are few and far between esp with all the new talent every year
Pinot is strong and hopefully he bounces back but a set back like this can be very hard to take

When Ali beat Joe Foreman in Rumble in the Jungle which Foreman was top favourite to win and 13 years younger than an aging Ali...Foreman went into a spiral of depression that lasted 2 years

Mind you he do go on to make a fortune with the George Foreman grill ...so every cloud I guess

DenisMenchov said:
Scarponi said:
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:
[quote="
I don't know what you mean but as you write it, it was probably an Australian Open final

Edit: Or maybe Ajax vs Tottenham? I'm curious now
Wimbledon 2009 for me
2000 Sydney Olympics in the 50km Walk Aussie Jane Saville was ahead by minutes about to walk into the stadium and she got DQed. I can still hear the scream at night

50km for women was introduced in London 2012. Must`ve been 20k...
Also Yohan Diniz fainting and shi**ing himself en route to a Top 10 finish in Rio 2016 as a WR holder speaking of walking

Good shouts.
To add a few, the Brazilian marathoner who got taken out by the supporter in Athens, when he could have won the gold, and Lindsey Jacobellis having the gold medal won but going for a trick because - why not. Ah, that's why

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Unfortunate for Pinot. This is his career in a nutshell though, so honestly it's hard to be surprised by this.
And still he is linearily getting better every year. So i am sure he will have another shot at the win. But of course he will also be 30 next year.

XyqCi7ul.png