• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour 2019 stage 15: Limoux - Foix Prat d'Albis 185 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm looking for Ineos to make a statement with the way they ride today.
After yesterday, everyone is talking about them having cracked, "the end of the empire", etc.
For sure that hits their pride.

The other interesting part about today is, that we will see who reach out for the podium, and who does not.
Everyone is on the pumps today, after 3 days in a row on the limit, and only those that truly believe they can win the race, will dare to attack today.

Re:

Cinemaniak said:
Jumbo-Visma have seen they are the strongest this TdF. I really expect Kruijswijk to make it as hard as possible and normally he's better suited for the longer climbs. Movistar will be helping, but take their responsibility in the first part of the race/final

Don't think so. Jumbo-Visma seems to have the strongest 2 domestiques in De Plus and Bennett but literally no one else to set a high tempo on the climbs...Well, maybe Tony Martin to some extend..

Re:

Cinemaniak said:
Jumbo-Visma have seen they are the strongest this TdF. I really expect Kruijswijk to make it as hard as possible and normally he's better suited for the longer climbs.
yes, and especially in high altitude - so yesterday's stage was good for him, and the Alpes will be perfect. But today, I'm not so sure. I'd think Jumbo will ride pretty conservative again

Movistar will probably try though, yeah. If Landa takes 2 minutes, he is back in the fight for the victory

TRENDING THREADS