• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour de France 2013: who will win?

Who will win the 2013 Tour

• Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So the route was unveiled. An extensive food for thought was received for an off-season. So here we go. What do you think on who will win based on route and any other assumptions?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I find the level Froome showed in this year Tour completely irreal, the best thing for 10 years I follow the sport. If he reaches it again, he will win, but surely one can't guarantee anything. So I'd rate it like that: Froome 45%, Contador, 35%, Andy & others 20%

airstream said:
So the route was unveiled. An extensive food for thought was received for an off-season. So here we go. What do you think on who will win based on route and any other assumptions?

So you've ditched your legend and jumped ship to the alien? Never mind your guy will finish 2nd in Paris as usual:D

Contador to win, Froome 2nd as usual, Valverde to finish 3rd thanks to Quintana and Baby to DNF.
(This is ofc assuming these riders will still be around come TDF 2013.)

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to play poker a bit. Based on THIS picture:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/news/tour-will-finish-under-the-lights-feature-ventoux-alpe-dhuez_262414

I believe Contador has the best chance of winning. I'm thinking Froome will be #2 or 3, and the other podium spot will come from one of the less likely riders - like Teejay, or Purito. Schleck will do well to get top 10, and Wiggo will be focusing on the Giro and the Vuelta. Wiggo would have a hard time with this course. Evans won't make the top 10.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
the asian said:
So you've ditched your legend and jumped ship to the alien? Never mind your guy will finish 2nd in Paris as usual:D

Contador to win, Froome 2nd as usual, Valverde to finish 3rd thanks to Quintana and Baby to DNF.
(This is ofc assuming these riders will still be around come TDF 2013.)

Well, sometimes I ought to be absolutely serious otherwise no one will talk to me. :) I highly doubt thatValverde will race.

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Only 32 km of time trialing Andy will lose big time on, this has got to be his best shot at winning the tour, if he ever wins it I think it will be this year. Logically though it will be:
1st- Contador
2nd- Schleck
3rd- Froome

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Froome or Contador to win this. I'd love to see Andy win it but I'll wait until he shows some good form to start considering him a contender, I haven't lost all hope for him yet. One of the young riders to get 3rd, Tejay or Pinot.

And why is Cobo in the poll? Cobo will go down in history as an anonymous Vuelta winner that never did much else.

bicifan said:
What??? Where is Purito? :(

At the Giro ;)

TRENDING THREADS