• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond The Last Rider To Win The Tour Clean?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
Problem is Lance couldn't stay retired, and while he was on his comeback the rotten truth of Lance'sdeeds started to surface. Thus it is in the present.

So nope, it's very relevant to current events that are unfolding here and now.

I know you guys love LeMond. I respect that. The thing is this whole thread here has been to discredit LeMond, the same way my Lance has tried to discredit LeMond. You realise you been trolled by some fool. So sorry charlie.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I know you guys love LeMond. I respect that. The thing is this whole thread here has been to discredit LeMond, the same way my Lance has tried to discredit LeMond. You realise you been trolled by some fool. So sorry charlie.
And Joey Deacon lives & breathes!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
And Joey Deacon lives & breathes!
Come on get ole Greg on cycling news and let him tell us how he has been clean his whole career. That'll give all the LeMond lovers here a charge, vote of confidence Greg.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Come on get ole Greg on cycling news and let him tell us how he has been clean his whole career. That'll give all the LeMond lovers here a charge, vote of confidence Greg.

Nice deflection.

If anybody could use a vote of confidence right now it's Lance.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Nice deflection.

Sorry my Lances' dream team trumps a bunch of young fed young bulls. Lotta testesterone and energy with the feds. Lot of experience with Lances PR/legal team. At the moment advantage Lance.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Nice deflection.

The news of the last week has got to be the best thing that has happened to Team Live-a-lie in a long, long time. This must seem to him like a boxer who is getting pummeled against the ropes and finally, mercifully, the bell ends the round.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Sorry my Lances' dream team trumps a bunch of young fed young bulls. Lotta testesterone and energy with the feds. Lot of experience with Lances PR/legal team. At the moment advantage Lance.
Hopefully his legal team are better educated than you. Please learn to use apostrophes correctly. Lance's singular possessive, Lances' plural possessive. Get it?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
The news of the last week has got to be the best thing that has happened to Team Live-a-lie in a long, long time. This must seem to him like a boxer who is getting pummeled against the ropes and finally, mercifully, the bell ends the round.

Come on big-bob. I know you know the similarities of cycling, boxing and horse racing.

I know this thread should be buried but just want to introduce some info that rarely gets highlighted. In general LeMond is painted as having risen from nothing at the Giro to win the Tour. Not exactly true, yes he was poor at the Giro but still managed to finish Top 50.

LeMond actually had decent early season results in 89, he finished 3rd in the Tour of Americas which granted is not a good barometer of anything but he then went to Europe and placed 6th in Tirreno-Adriacto and 4th in Criterium International. Not amazing results but he wasnt being beaten by muppets, Top 3 at T-A was Toni Rominger, Charly Mottet & Rolf Golz. At Criterium Internationl, Top 3 was Indurain (who had just won Paris-Nice), Mottet, Roche with LeMond 4th. Indurain won the TT there.

Then he was rubbish for the rest of spring, the problem seemed to be that one day LeMond would be ok and the next he would be stuck to the road. Whatever health problems he had seemed to be making him inconsistent. Everyone seems to completely ignore those good spring results.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I know this thread should be buried but just want to introduce some info that rarely gets highlighted. In general LeMond is painted as having risen from nothing at the Giro to win the Tour. Not exactly true, yes he was poor at the Giro but still managed to finish Top 50.

LeMond actually had decent early season results in 89, he finished 3rd in the Tour of Americas which granted is not a good barometer of anything but he then went to Europe and placed 6th in Tirreno-Adriacto and 4th in Criterium International. Not amazing results but he wasnt being beaten by muppets, Top 3 at T-A was Toni Rominger, Charly Mottet & Rolf Golz. At Criterium Internationl, Top 3 was Indurain (who had just won Paris-Nice), Mottet, Roche with LeMond 4th. Indurain won the TT there.

Then he was rubbish for the rest of spring, the problem seemed to be that one day LeMond would be ok and the next he would be stuck to the road. Whatever health problems he had seemed to be making him inconsistent. Everyone seems to completely ignore those good spring results.
Lemond's main problem in early 89 was motivation. ADR's slapdash attitude to payment can't have elicited the best of performances. Couple that with going from pre-shooting ability to place highly in the Giro and Tour to well off his usual form in 89 and one can see that it must have been hard to keep coming back for more. What if the shooting had put paid to his career must have been a question going through his mind daily!

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
Hopefully his legal team are better educated than you. Please learn to use apostrophes correctly. Lance's singular possessive, Lances' plural possessive. Get it?

Grammar flames = total fail.

Maybe... it's a typo.

By the way "Hopefully his legal team are better educated than you." is incorrect grammar.

It could be "his legal team is" or "the members of his legal team are". And you used "Hopefullly" in place of "I hope", which is incorrect.

Or just don't be annoying and stop pointing out typos, or minor gramatical errors that in no way impair the abilities of others to understand the post.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Grammar flames = total fail.

Maybe... it's a typo.

By the way "Hopefully his legal team are better educated than you." is incorrect grammar.

It could be "his legal team is" or "the members of his legal team are". And you used "Hopefullly" in place of "I hope", which is incorrect.

Or just don't be annoying and stop pointing out typos, or minor gramatical errors that in no way impair the abilities of others to understand the post.

...very nice call!!!....and you know that is going to leave a mark...is this kinda a hoisting by ones own petard thingee?...gawd I jus luv doze...tee hee....

Cheers

blutto
------------------------------------------------------------------------
met a guy the other day who posted on the CN Forums. I asked what people there thought about ultimobici. His reply was priceless.

"Half the people love him, the other half dislike him"

Q - "why do half dislike him?"

"They've met him"

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
blutto said:
...very nice call!!!....and you know that is going to leave a mark...is this kinda a hoisting by ones own petard thingee?...gawd I jus luv doze...tee hee....

Cheers

blutto
------------------------------------------------------------------------
met a guy the other day who posted on the CN Forums. I asked what people there thought about ultimobici. His reply was priceless.

"Half the people love him, the other half dislike him"

Q - "why do half dislike him?"

"They've met him"
Mea culpa.

Hence my comments has been removed.

Lemonds comment

"You are talking about Le Mond the man who said Fignon will be most remembered as the one who took second to Greg."
I took this quote to mean that Fignons second place in that TDF would overshadow his win just because of how close he had come to winning, yet managed to lose by just seconds. I actually remember Fignon more for that loss than any of his career wins. It was so damn close and it appeared as though he had it sewed up. I felt sad for him then and still think of him as the great champion that he was. No shame in that second place. I really get the impression that Lemond was not being unkind in his asessment but rather called it as it is.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
darkcloud said:
"You are talking about Le Mond the man who said Fignon will be most remembered as the one who took second to Greg."
I took this quote to mean that Fignons second place in that TDF would overshadow his win just because of how close he had come to winning, yet managed to lose by just seconds. I actually remember Fignon more for that loss than any of his career wins. It was so damn close and it appeared as though he had it sewed up. I felt sad for him then and still think of him as the great champion that he was. No shame in that second place. I really get the impression that Lemond was not being unkind in his asessment but rather called it as it is.
If you read his actual comments it is crystal clear that he meant it kindly and not as any kind of slight.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lemond-remembers-fignon

Speaking on French news channel France 24, LeMond said: "It's a really sad day. I see him as one of the great riders who was hampered by injuries. He had a very, very big talent, much more than anyone recognised. For me he was one of the greater champions that was not recognised. He was more recognised for his loss in the Tour de France than for his two victories.”

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
Mea culpa.

Hence my comments has been removed.

...very sorry dude...just re-read my post and it comes across a bit mean-spirited...I had hoped what I had dashed off would be funnier and not as biting...it retrospect it wasn't...so the humour module is going into the shop tomorrow for a complete over-haul...more blutto-ish and less ***-hole-ish, though admittedly its a fine line...

Cheers

blutto