• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
So, now you know, Greg Lemond hates Lance Armstrong worse than having been blackmailed by Floyd Landis. Lemond claimed that Landis tried to blackmail him, ultimately leading to Lemond revealing his abuse as a child, and that he didn't believe Landis at all.

Now, in spite of Landis' emails to Lance reveal that Floyd was doing the same thing to Armstrong and the ToC organizers, Lemond is now on board and believes Landis is telling the truth.

I can find only one explaination, Lemond hates Lance more than blackmail.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
24vl0r6.jpg

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
goggalor said:

I think, in this instance, his samples were taken from all accessible areas,
Love is a funny thing, now turn over darling.

Lance Tell. No way but William might if he can't get rid of the shake in his hand, apple of my eye.

A

Anonymous

Squares said:
So, now you know, Greg Lemond hates Lance Armstrong worse than having been blackmailed by Floyd Landis. Lemond claimed that Landis tried to blackmail him, ultimately leading to Lemond revealing his abuse as a child, and that he didn't believe Landis at all.

Now, in spite of Landis' emails to Lance reveal that Floyd was doing the same thing to Armstrong and the ToC organizers, Lemond is now on board and believes Landis is telling the truth.

Empty, meaningless, boring. You can't attack the messanger forever. Sooner or later you will have to look at the message or admit you are a robot from LA Inc..... yawn.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:

Here is a link to Lemonds statement that he posted on his website - guess which Texan cyclist is not mentioned in it.

Here is part of the statement:
I believe most of Floyd Landis’s statements regarding the systemic corruption in professional cycling. I imagine from my own experiences that today he is paying a heavy price for his honesty and I support Floyd in his attempt to free himself from his past. I hope that others- fans, riders and sponsor’s embrace this as an opportunity to bring about positive change in the sport.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Hypocrisy

brewerjeff said:
Empty, meaningless, boring. You can't attack the messanger forever. Sooner or later you will have to look at the message or admit you are a robot from LA Inc..... yawn.

Where have I said that Lance has not doped?

Come on now, back off the personal attacks for a second and read without jumping into attack mode.

Your empty personal attacks show a lack of critical thinking, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you did the exact thing you criticize me for doing, namely attacking the messenger.

That, my friend, is called hypocrisy and you just provided a first class example by calling me a "robot from LA Inc.".

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
bet that trek settlement contributes to that omission
I hope you didn't have to much on your bet.

LeMond not precluded from further comments on doping
“Absolutely not,” said LeMond’s lawyer Jamie DiBoise, when asked if the settlement terms prevented him from speaking about Lance Armstrong or other riders. “I expect Greg will have comments once the French finish their investigation of Astana.”

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Greg Lemond is one forgiving mofo. What Landis and Will Gegoggehan did would make most people in Lemond's position turn away from the whole business in utter disgust.

A

Anonymous

Squares said:
Where have I said that Lance has not doped?

Come on now, back off the personal attacks for a second and read without jumping into attack mode.

Your empty personal attacks show a lack of critical thinking, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you did the exact thing you criticize me for doing, namely attacking the messenger.

That, my friend, is called hypocrisy and you just provided a first class example by calling me a "robot from LA Inc.".

physician, heal thyself

say something smarter than a door knob could come up with and I'll listen... asuming I'm still awake....

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
This is not surprising at all. Greg LeMond has told Landis to just come clean since the day Landis got caught for doping. Landis is coming clean, therefore Greg is supporting him. This is what you do when you love the sport, you want it cleaned up any way possible.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greg will become friends with Lance too if Lance comes clean.

And It WOULD be in Lance's best interest to come clean, BUT only after naming names and showing how dopey the whole sport is.

If Lance is going to go down in flames, it will be less noticeable if the whole forest is burning down.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
VanceNichols said:
This is not surprising at all. Greg LeMond has told Landis to just come clean since the day Landis got caught for doping. Landis is coming clean, therefore Greg is supporting him. This is what you do when you love the sport, you want it cleaned up any way possible.

Well said. Perhaps Greg loves the sport enough to see past personal attacks. Never having met the guy, GL has always struck me as having character. Note how in his time as the sport's pre-eminent rider he never divided opinion. You just get a feeling about people. Call it women's intuition...

I have to add, if Planet Lance does implode at the end of this, I would be concerned for his well-being; no one else risks as much and the fall would be infinite.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Greg will become friends with Lance too if Lance comes clean.

And It WOULD be in Lance's best interest to come clean, BUT only after naming names and showing how dopey the whole sport is.

If Lance is going to go down in flames, it will be less noticeable if the whole forest is burning down.

I don't think you see the wood, from the tree's.

Greg would probably forgive Lance to - but Lance doesn't want friends, he wants followers.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
If LeMond is supporting Landis to come clean, maybe LeMond should come clean himself. I doubt he won '89 and '90 on aero-bars alone. Fignon admitted it. Come on, Greg.....

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Greg's supportive remarks do come off as opportunistic, as he immediately injects himself and his angle. I guess that is just his style at this point.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Guidokcd said:
If LeMond is supporting Landis to come clean, maybe LeMond should come clean himself. I doubt he won '89 and '90 on aero-bars alone. Fignon admitted it. Come on, Greg.....

I am trying tio follow your logic here.

A rider has just won the Tour of 2006, has just tested positive - another former winner - who you are suggesting doped and hasn't confessed - decides to call on his own initiative the accused and tells him it would be good for him to confess.....

Riiiggghhhttt...

Actually- your post has made me realise, Landis appears to have mentioned many names, some that were very good friends like DZ and yet there has been no mention by FL of Lemond.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
It does seem misplaced. Clearly, the journo's are going to seek him out for comment, and GL has not been the guy to ever turn them away.

GL must feel a sense of vindication at this point. Does not make him less of a grating figure to me, regarding his personality and style. It just means he was right.

Seems the issue of GL's possible doping has been flogged past death. No need to flog that decomposed corpse further.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I thnk you guys try to read way too deep into what people say.

Honestly, i dont' think lemond gives two shat's for Landis as a person. Neither do I, i believe that everythign LA and JB have said about trying to be blackmailed from Landis is all true. I also beleive that Landis is telling the truth about the doping that went on. The problem is that its all self serving for Landis and that is all this is about. Nothing more. Lemond knows this and is just hoping it makes others come out and tell the truth for better reasos.

TRENDING THREADS