• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LeMond's Pre-TDF prediction: LA will not start or pull out!

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Even when he is correct about the underlying issues, LeMond has a habit of grossly overstating his case, and overplaying his hand. It's not a new habit; I first noticed it when he was calling Chiapucci "Cappucino". It is not one of his endearing traits.

-dB

flicker said:
How can you have my #2 Idol as your avatar and speak glowingly of Mr. LeMond. Oh yeah your avatar is approved by Mr. LeMond. A totally clean cyclist Mr. Coppi.
I did not speak glowingly of Mr. Lemond or anyone else.

Do not confuse speaking glowingly of what someone happens to say as speaking glowingly of that person.

I can speak glowingly of what Armstrong and Lemond say and do, and I can speak critically of what each says and does. And I do. But I generally try not to speak glowingly or critically of either one, or of any person for that matter.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
velosopher54 said:
You are such a toad! LA clearly manipulated this fiasco. If LA and Co. had gone to the commissaires and asked permission to wear the black kit I think they would have gone along with it since the kit was supposedly worn to call attention to 28 million people with cancer. Even the UCI is going to donate the fines the team will have to pay to a Swiss cancer fund.

However, I think LA had another motive because of the way he went about it. What that motive might be is beyond me. I was ****ed off knowing LA orchestrated this act, it embarrassed me as a fellow American. He spat on the Tour organizers and the Commissaires. How embarrassing.:mad:

Lance has been spitting on people since day 1. So has Cav. so did Cipo, so did Valverde so did M. Ali. Does not phase me if I like the athlete. I see many here who idolize Vino. Are they toads also?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
The 28 black J was not only a great PR in the fight against cancer, but an incredible up yours towards LeMond and his pal T-Shirt Pro Flandis. Chapaue RS and Lance. I love seeing LeMond and Flandis with mud in faces.

It is probably the worst, self-serving ad campaign involving cancer I've ever seen. Only an idiot doesn't see it for what it is. This kind of diversonary tactic may work the last week of some mud-slinging political campaign where the truth gets lost but the picture of Lance with this jersey will haunt him when the final toll is paid.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
velosopher54 said:
You are such a toad! LA clearly manipulated this fiasco. If LA and Co. had gone to the commissaires and asked permission to wear the black kit I think they would have gone along with it since the kit was supposedly worn to call attention to 28 million people with cancer. Even the UCI is going to donate the fines the team will have to pay to a Swiss cancer fund.

However, I think LA had another motive because of the way he went about it. What that motive might be is beyond me. I was ****ed off knowing LA orchestrated this act, it embarrassed me as a fellow American. He spat on the Tour organizers and the Commissaires. How embarrassing.:mad:

As an American I am embarassed about many things we have done. Starting with the mis-treatment of the Native-Americans. If you think I am talking out of my kazoo go visit you local Indian Reservation. That is shocking and disrespectful, to treat humans the way the Indians in our U.S.A. have been treated and are still treated. If LeMond addressed issues like I just mentioned I would be 100 percent behing Greg.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
It is probably the worst, self-serving ad campaign involving cancer I've ever seen. Only an idiot doesn't see it for what it is. This kind of diversonary tactic may work the last week of some mud-slinging political campaign where the truth gets lost but the picture of Lance with this jersey will haunt him when the final toll is paid.

I agree but what other way is there for Lance and Bruyneel to deal with Greg/Floyd. It is so ridiculous the whole thing. I do not have my head in a hole in the ground. Greg/Floyd just have not seen the big picture of their actions.
If you support those 2 I respect that. I do not respect Greg/Floyd though myself. Some like oranges some like apples.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
As an American I am embarassed about many things we have done. Starting with the mis-treatment of the Native-Americans. .....

you know what, i think LA fits the mould perfectly of the type of settler who came to america and took what he damn well pleased and hell to anyone who was gonna try and stop him like his TdF victories and his doping

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:

And that d1cker is why you are a toad. You don't see his final act in the Tour as self-serving(read:selfish)and NOT really about cancer. It occurred to me that the ONLY reason the retirement shack guys went for the best team was just so LA could stand on that stage just one more time...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
velosopher54 said:
And that d1cker is why you are a toad. You don't see his final act in the Tour as self-serving(read:selfish)and NOT really about cancer. It occurred to me that the ONLY reason the retirement shack guys went for the best team was just so LA could stand on that stage just one more time...

Here is a prediction. In 2 years or less we will see who is the biggest fool or the biggest toad. That includes yellow bracelet man. You see my friend I see the tour also as the place for gullotine blades to fall and cyclists to parade around under the Arche de Triumpe a monument to Napoleon. Not my place to judge but Paris has had many judgements. I saw much support for Armstrong in France this year.