• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Samuel Mugisha (20 yo Rwandan) wins the last edition of the Tour of Rwanda as a 2.2 race. He raced a lot of .2 and U23 races this season in Europe without big results (except KOM winner in Giro d'Aosta), so let's see if he can break through on the larger stage.

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Sestriere said:
Samuel Mugisha (20 yo Rwandan) wins the last edition of the Tour of Rwanda as a 2.2 race. He raced a lot of .2 and U23 races this season in Europe without big results (except KOM winner in Giro d'Aosta), so let's see if he can break through on the larger stage.

Does that mean it's becoming a 2.1 race? Nice.
Yeah Rwanda wants to show UCI they can organise a big race. They are in for the first WC organisation in Africa.

With a second place on the prologue of the Tour of Hungary, Charles Planet was very close to giving Team Novo Nordisk their first pro victory since their inception - obviously in the smallest race imaginable but still a pity he didn't get it I think.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

tobydawq said:
With a second place on the prologue of the Tour of Hungary, Charles Planet was very close to giving Team Novo Nordisk their first pro victory since their inception - obviously in the smallest race imaginable but still a pity he didn't get it I think.
Didn't David Lozano win stage 7 of the Tour of Rwanda for them three days ago?

Tim Booth said:
tobydawq said:
Didn't David Lozano win stage 7 of the Tour of Rwanda for them three days ago?

The Tour of Rwanda is - or was until this edition - a 2.2 race which, if I understand correctly, doesn't count as a pro race.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
There was a late crash that took out Ackermann, unfortunately. Viviani however was superior, he'll be winning a stage or 3 in La Vuelta.
Degenkolb was almost taken down by Ackermann, had to unclip and regain his position near the front and still managed to finish 4th.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
janraaskalt said:
Laplaz said:
Viviani wins in Hamburg.
Lesser Known Race :lol:
just nobody cares anymore. It used to be a cool race but then I think the Waseberg was closer to the finish

In Denmark Eurosport would much rather show some stupid football match...

---

So... what's the name of that little French race that starts tomorrow?
"Tour du Poitou Charentes, Charente, Charente Maritime, deux sévres, Vienne" or "Tour Poitou-Charentes en Nouvelle-Aquitaine"? For everyone involved I kinda hope it's the second…

4 flat stages in Tour Poitou-Charentes and Demare is the only real sprinter participating???

His competition consists of the likes of Thomas Boudat, Julien Simon, Brenton Jones, Matteo Malucelli and Marco Benfatto... (and to be fair, also Matteo Moschetti, who placed 2nd in the first stage so best of the rest).