• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just saw something strange in the results of the Tour of China II - not that I care about the race, but apparently, Alejandro Marque won the race with the same time as Artem Ovechkin.

What is strange is that yesterday they had a time trial which Ovechkin won - but Marque was second in the same time.

In a race with a time trial, the 100ths of a second break ties before count-backs, so why on earth did Marque end up winning the race?

Edit: Arh, nevermind, the six day event started with a prologue, so there are more 100ths in play.

Reminds me of the 96 Giro when Olano missed out on the stage win and the pink jersey on the same day, both by fractions of a second, but to two different riders! And this was stage 19!

And the next day after a marathon mountain stage....he took the jersey also by fractions

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Reminds me of the 96 Giro when Olano missed out on the stage win and the pink jersey on the same day, both by fractions of a second, but to two different riders! And this was stage 19!

And the next day after a marathon mountain stage....he took the jersey also by fractions
The same year, he missed out on the maillot jaune at the Tour on stage 7 while he was same time as Berzin.

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
GuyIncognito said:

The same year, he missed out on the maillot jaune at the Tour on stage 7 while he was same time as Berzin.

Pretty annoying, but at least he had another nice jersey to show off.

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

At his return, Gilbert won the GP Isbergues, Laporte 2nd.

Edit: a bit more info: Florian Senechal 3rd. It was raced in horroble weather conditions: max temperature was 7C and the whole day the rain poured down. As a result the race was shortened with 25km.

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Tour du Gévaudan from yesterday

teaEWoc.png

At one point DE had 4 guys in front group (Calmejane was 11th) but they couldn't win. Rein attacked from the leading group and only Hänninen was able to follow and the duo went clear. After the race Jaakko said that he knew where he'd attack on the last km and he did just that and beat Taaramäe on a sprint. Big win for amateur and a good sign for U23-Worlds, he'll be one of the outsiders for sure.

Astana maintain their 100% record of winning the Tour of Almaty (6/6) as is the proper way of things. And, correct me if I am wrong, they have won every stage of this race that has ever been raced. Again as is the proper way of things.

Re:

wirral said:
Astana maintain their 100% record of winning the Tour of Almaty (6/6) as is the proper way of things. And, correct me if I am wrong, they have won every stage of this race that has ever been raced. Again as is the proper way of things.

However, they did decide to change things around a little by having a Italian guy win the overall.

TRENDING THREADS