• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic really his flying. Another impressive win today and he is looking perhaps the major favourite for Lombardia.

Also worth mentioning the performance of Luis Leon Sanchez. After 94 racing days he still fought for victory until the end. Riders like Thomas or Dennis could learn a thing or two from him .

Reactions: Sandisfan
Roglic really his flying. Another impressive win today and he is looking perhaps the major favourite for Lombardia.

Also worth mentioning the performance of Luis Leon Sanchez. After 94 racing days he still fought for victory until the end. Riders like Thomas or Dennis could learn a thing or two from him .

I've got my fingers crossed, that Fuglsang has been saving himself for the one that counts..... but I think you are right :)

I don't know where else to post this. The 2020 Tour Colombia route has been announced. This is more important than the Tour de France route because the winner will determine the next Tour de France winner :D.

https://www.revistamundociclistico.com/2019/recorrido-oficial-tour-colombia-2020/

Forget about having European teams!!!
This is insane. Unless the Europeans show up with oxygen bottles they will die in the mountains. Last stage to arrive at 3200 m. Most stages will be ridden between 2500 m - 3000 m
I think the Europeans will do fine with that much flat. A few missed opportunities to remedy that, they kept the Parcours too bounded to the altiplano for my liking. It was easy enough to get a few more hills in, as Libertine mentioned both el Cogollo and el Tobogan were easy enough additions, I'm sure there are a fair few of those lurking close by in Boyaca as well. Maybe the just wanted to keep everything fairly tight for the last stage.

And that last stage does look really nice. I like how it goes through the edge of Bogota from Patios to Verjon; that should make for a very lively finale. I hope they do the 2017-Nats 5ta/Parque Nacional kinks on the way through. Although if you're doing Sisga-Guasca, you might as well loop around Gacheta and do la Cuchilla (might add a bit of gravel and the near-certainty of rain though) ;) Honestly even the Guatavita route is pretty nice, a bit bumpier than the profile suggests. Looking forward to that one.

Gran Piedmonte
Break: at 1m30s -40km
Clipboard.jpg

This is one serious SKYtrain, eating almost the whole minute gap of the break in a matter of few kilometers... so, finally Egan? (and btw, will they try to SkyTrain the big one off on Saturday?)
No, we have a proper classic on Saturday, a Monument! These things doesn't work there. By the time they reach Civiglio, we won't have 5-6 Ineos riders for sure, and even if with some miracle we do, there will be stronger guys there than Sosa and Bernal. Not to mention there is some 17-18 km of racing from the top of Civiglio...

I'd have liked El Tobogán in Zipaquirá too, possibly finishing descending back into town or possibly a HTF. Don't tell me placing this 5km or less from the line wouldn't make for an interesting finale in an otherwise flat stage.

or at least they could use the short ascent to the Salt Cathedral entrance, the road is in good shape and there is plenty of space up there for the race organization . And what a better way to promote the Salt Cathedral. I know they used it at least once in Vuelta a Colombia. It would be better and more scenic than this Uniminuto finish.

TRENDING THREADS