• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Daniel Diaz has been preparing for San Juan like a mad man. It is his main objective of the season and he has been training at altitude with his team since December. Last weekend he took the time to test his shape in competition by placing a few attacks and going solo for about half an hour. He is ready.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
Daniel Diaz has been preparing for San Juan like a mad man. It is his main objective of the season and he has been training at altitude with his team since December. Last weekend he took the time to test his shape in competition by placing a few attacks and going solo for about half an hour. He is ready.
Yes, finally the great one is back racing in South America!
Jose Luis Rodriguez, who's riding on the same team, is a big talent, 9th on gc in the 2016 Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta when he was riding for the Centre Mondial du Cyclisme team and 2017 Panamerican ITT champion.
He was a trainee at trek in 2016 and apparently they offered him a contract, but he choose to stay in South America.

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Sharjah Tour (2.1)

KpV6bH4.jpg

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
DNP-Old said:
Jose Luis Rodriguez, who's riding on the same team, is a big talent, 9th on gc in the 2016 Giro Ciclistico della Valle d'Aosta when he was riding for the Centre Mondial du Cyclisme team and 2017 Panamerican ITT champion.
He was a trainee at trek in 2016 and apparently they offered him a contract, but he choose to stay in South America.
If that's true, poor decision and probably he burned 95% of his chances to go to the next level

slosada said:
Mayomaniac said:
DNP-Old said:
If that's true, poor decision and probably he burned 95% of his chances to go to the next level
He did so out of personal reasons, which to this day, we know nothing about. Could very well be to stay with his family, since his mother died only three years ago. Prior to the Olympics, he also mentioned he wanted to become a father, so who knows. It's all smoke and mirrors.

fauniera said:
Wilier clearly had the better lead out train. They have quality riders for that, Coledan, Bertazzo, Pacioni. No chance for Vital Concept.

Coledan (I think) taking such a strong turn that Bertazzo was immediately cooked and Pacioni could sprint himself to a fourth place :D

Netserk said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Degenkolb wins his first race of the season, let's hope for him this year turns out better than the last one.
Given how he races, I'd hope it only turns out better outside of the cobbled classics.
I see what you're getting at and I agree that Degenkolb has been very defensive at times in the classics but that's also true for most riders like him with a strong sprint finish and not named Tom Boonen. I seem to recall he had some very inspired riding in Paris-Tours some years ago and I can only hope he gets back to that sort of racing.

trevim said:
Netserk said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Degenkolb wins his first race of the season, let's hope for him this year turns out better than the last one.
Given how he races, I'd hope it only turns out better outside of the cobbled classics.
I see what you're getting at and I agree that Degenkolb has been very defensive at times in the classics but that's also true for most riders like him with a strong sprint finish and not named Tom Boonen. I seem to recall he had some very inspired riding in Paris-Tours some years ago and I can only hope he gets back to that sort of racing.

If he races like when he won Paris-Roubaix, we're all good.....

Kazistuta said:
trevim said:
Netserk said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

If he races like when he won Paris-Roubaix, we're all good.....

That was a great performance, but keep in mind tgat until 10km to go he had been marking others, never giving a pull, only following.
When gva and lampaert atracked with about 10km to go he only attacked because he had too.

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site

Abdul Gani (INDO, Team KFC) won the second stage of the Tour de Indonesia 2018 from a six men break, Dylan Page won the bunch sprint down 30". Gani is now leading the GC.
5a6af9f5ada55-tour-de-indonesia-2018_663_382.jpg

The bunch sprint. It looks Dylan wasn't aware there was a break in front...

TRENDING THREADS