• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Haha what an incredible attack from Valverde, and Sanchez somehow came right across to him and countered and Valverde was spent. I didn't know LL was that strong!

That was pretty amazing to see LLS riding through a crowd of people not barricaded in the final few hundred meters. Were they family or were they just stoked? I think the commentators were saying it was his family, in which case it makes a bit more sense that Valverde did his little play-acting bit.

That was fun coverage, pretty good for a 1.1 race, aside from the downhill moto shots zoomed out so you could see the driver as a frame of reference. That made me dizzy.

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site

Meanwhile Remy Di Gregorio winning at the top of the col de l'Espigoulier in front of Calmejane et Gallopin.

Top 10 :

1 DI GRÉGORIO Rémy Delko Marseille Provence KTM
2 CALMEJANE Lilian Direct Energie
3 GALLOPIN Tony AG2R La Mondiale
4 HIVERT Jonathan Direct Energie
5 LE TURNIER Mathias Cofidis, Solutions Crédit
6 MOLARD Rudy FDJ
7 GENIEZ Alexandre AG2R La Mondiale
8 GAUDU David FDJ
9 FRANK Mathias AG2R La Mondiale
10 CHAVANEL Sylvain Direct Energie

That was a really really blatant intentional loss by Valverde. Not as blatant as Uran at the 2012 Olympics, but still very blatant.
Not that any money changed hands this time, of course. This win would mean nothing to Valverde but means the world to his close friend Luisle, hence the gift.

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
That was a really really blatant intentional loss by Valverde. Not as blatant as Uran at the 2012 Olympics, but still very blatant.
Not that any money changed hands this time, of course. This win would mean nothing to Valverde but means the world to his close friend Luisle, hence the gift.

Yeah cycling is funny for that... like, when someone is going for GC and works in a break with someone who is not in GC, more often than not they'll give them the stage, depending on the level of the race. The craziest high-level example I remember was actually Valverde gifting a stage to Szmyzd (I can't remember how to spell his name) in the 2009 (or 2008 maybe?) Dauphine, where Szmyzd cracked on the climb with 300m to go so Valv just slowed up to almost a stop to let him win. Szmyzd called him a 'great champion' for letting him win, and that's par for the course for cycling. LuisLe has already helped Valv in Valenciana where he took the stage and overall, so it's quid pro quo I guess. I gues it's much better to let LuisLe have the last km to himself in front than to hang on and sit up in the sprint. So I get it. But it's weird, because it's a sporting event, so it's basically match fixing.

So, from what I understand there was significant crosswinds (in Murcia) which caused quite a few riders to fall rather behind. So, not unlikely that a large portion of the DNFers simply went: "Oh. What's the *** point? I'm gonna quit this race!"
Or, is it possible the organisers asked them to stop, so the roads could be opened again?

1ch16ss.jpg

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

BalearicBeats said:
African Continental Championships: The men ITT has been won by Debesay, the women ITT has been won by Debesay. Does anyone know if they are related? That would be pretty cool!

Eritrea doesn't have family names, but rather has a patronymic naming convention. So Debesay is (presumably) the personal name of their father. They might both be from Asmara, but Asmara is the capital and largest city of Eritrea, so both of them having a father with the same name and being born in Asmara doesn't really make for a high chance of both of them being related.

Tour du Haut-Var

Stage 1:
1°) Jonathan Hivert
2°) Nicola Bagioli (0'01")
3°) Samuel Dumoulin (0'01")
4°) Alexis Vuillermoz (0'01")
5°) Quentin Pacher (0'01")
6°) Marco Canola (0'01")
7°) Rudy Molard (0'01")
8°) Andrey Grivko (0'01")
9°) Matteo Busato (0'01")
10°) Dorian Godon (0'01")

Stage 2:
1°) Jonathan Hivert
2°) Alexis Vuillermoz
3°) Rudy Molard
4°) Mauro Finetto (0'02")
5°) Valentin Madouas (0'02")
6°) Thibaut Pinot (0'02")
7°) Dorian Godon (0'38")
8°) Quentin Pacher (0'38")
9°) Nicola Bagioli (0'38")
10°) Cyril Barthe (0'38")

Hivert naturally wins the overall classification.

paolo totò (sangemini mg-kwis) after 2nd place in Laigueglia wins GP Laguna Porec (1.2), 5th place for the young slovenian Pogacar ; pozdnyakov wins gp alanya (1.2)

TRENDING THREADS