• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Tour of Norway is such a joke, honestly. The only one week stagerace where sprinters rule the top 5 in general classification. Note to self: ignore this trash next year.

Affini is more of roleur though

And the profiles have been out for a while, so something like this was a likely outcome

But it is probably going to be more of the same next year considering the rider profiles of biggest name Norwegian riders

Re: Re:

roundabout said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Tour of Norway is such a joke, honestly. The only one week stagerace where sprinters rule the top 5 in general classification. Note to self: ignore this trash next year.

Affini is more of roleur though

And the profiles have been out for a while, so something like this was a likely outcome

But it is probably going to be more of the same next year considering the rider profiles of biggest name Norwegian riders

I know Affini is a rouleur/TT'er, but he is 4th in a top 5 filled with sprinters. If they can't find any hills or mountains, at least add a 16k ITT or something. But maybe they like Kristoffs chances to win next year as well. Anyway, next time I'm out.

2019 Tour de Luxembourg June 5-9
Official website https://www.skodatour.lu/

Startlist at https://www.skodatour.lu/equipes - Terpstra, Direct Energie, Cofidis, Wanty G, Euskadi plus the usual suspects plus W52 and Big Raul.

Parcours at https://www.skodatour.lu/parcours

Opening prologue is a "brief" 2.1 km long! (Is this a record?) Thats two point one kilometers not twenty one. It does include the Breedewee which is a 350m long section which has an average 15% gradient. Watch the fun from 19.00 CET

3 mins and 13 seconds of cycling gives Laporte the "yellow jersey", but Wanty don't get 5 of their 7 riders in the top 7 - misleading photo!
D8UgUFHUcAAfW59.png:large

(Kreiger is German not French ... forget you even saw this photo!)

Robert5091 said:
3 mins and 13 seconds of cycling gives Laporte the "yellow jersey", but Wanty don't get 5 of their 7 riders in the top 7 - misleading photo!
D8UgUFHUcAAfW59.png:large

I didn't watch much of the stage. I did see Meisen and while he was riding, I thought he for sure would win as he looked to be really, really fast on the cobbled hill. Impressive by Laporte to beat that performance by five seconds.

I wonder how it's possible to lose over a minute on a 0.7km flat prologue...

Over such a short distance, I could average far more than 21km/h on my $500 bike despite never doing any serious training in any sports discipline and barely excercising at all during last few months. :lol:

Re:

Anderis said:
I wonder how it's possible to lose over a minute on a 0.7km flat prologue...

Over such a short distance, I could average far more than 21km/h on my $500 bike despite never doing any serious training in any sports discipline and barely excercising at all during last few months. :lol:

Perhaps doing a Michael Rasmussen. A couple of crashes, and a few more bike changes?

TRENDING THREADS