• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Samamba said:
LTS/Wellens made a huuuuge mistake yesterday. Wellens shouldve closed that last 10meters when Philipsen tried to bridge to Evenepoel and Campenaerts instead of playing the Campenaerts card.
I guess it was a "mistake" they made before the race ...apparently they wanted to keep Campenaerts happy and make him an (equal) GC leader along with Wellens.

Not sure it was a huge mistake, though. Wellens should be able to deal with Evenepoel and QS, IMO. Would be almost embarrassing if he didn't win today's stage by a minute or more in this field. Wellens obviously has the form

Re: Re:

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Samamba said:
LTS/Wellens made a huuuuge mistake yesterday. Wellens shouldve closed that last 10meters when Philipsen tried to bridge to Evenepoel and Campenaerts instead of playing the Campenaerts card.
I guess it was a "mistake" they made before the race ...apparently they wanted to keep Campenaerts happy and make him an (equal) GC leader along with Wellens.

Not sure it was a huge mistake, though. Wellens should be able to deal with Evenepoel and QS, IMO. Would be almost embarrassing if he didn't win today's stage by a minute or more in this field. Wellens obviously has the form

I guess you didn't watch the Hammer race where he and Van Avermaet were absolutely trashed by Evenepoel.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Samamba said:

I guess you didn't watch the Hammer race where he and Van Avermaet were absolutely trashed by Evenepoel.
In the eighties they raced longer ITTs than that Hammer race Evenepoel dominated. Today's stage has decent length and has far harder climbs that suit an "explosive" rider such as Wellens far better . Apples / oranges.

You have to be ****ing kidding me if you think Evenepoel will own Wellens here. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I assure you that I am not kidding. Pretty embarrassing for Wellens not even to be able to keep up with a teenager on a junior course length...

I use my eyes when I watch cycling instead of my perception of what should be possible relative to a rider's age, and in the past week I have seen Evenepoel make fun of quite a strong field (including Wellens) twice.

He may not win but he is my favourite to do it. But he's certainly not going to lose his leader's jersey today.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Damn georestrictions... Would liked to have seen this race.
If you can't watch it on Sporza's website, you can try https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/livestream/
If that doesn't work, but you are in Europe, then you can try making an account (you can use it for all future sporza broadcasts), but you just have to make sure you fill out an account with a Belgian address. Just tell the form you live in Antwerp or something.
With an account, you can definitely watch in the EU.

EDIT: gap down to 1m 9s. Serry & Capecchi seem almost done. But Wellens is isolated too. 32k to go.

TRENDING THREADS