• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races results 2015

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just look at the last picture. Debusschere is not riding parallel to the barriers, he is closing in. Or watch this video closely. The bend is over at 2:33, Groenewegen still has enough room. Only then is Debusschere closing in. Watch his line from 2:33 to 2:36.

fauniera said:
Just look at the last picture. Debusschere is not riding parallel to the barriers, he is closing in. Or watch this video closely. The bend is over at 2:33, Groenewegen still has enough room. Only then is Debusschere closing in. Watch his line from 2:33 to 2:36.

That's what I meant. He is not riding parallel to the barriers but is going straight forward nevertheless. He's taking the shortest path possible if you take that slight bend into account - he can't be expected to do otherwise.

Cheers.

They were sprinting side by side, it's not like that Gronewegen was trying to squeeze into non-existing gap. He already was in that gap and that line along the barrier was his. Debusschere should have respected it. He did not, cut his line and caused the crash. I agree with relegation and hope Debusschere realizes he acted dangerously.

Re: Re:

Jagartrott said:
PeterB said:
They were sprinting side by side
Erm, no.
Groenewegen was always behind, and then space narrowed in that bend, but he was still trying to pass where there was no space. But whatever. If this is deviating from ones line, you can declassify 10 riders every bunch sprint.
Come on. Pause the video at 2:32. DG is only slightly behind. JDB should have respected there's a rider between him and the barrier. Being slightly to the front does not give him right to do what he did. They were 25 metres from the line and both should have right to complete their sprinting.

To be fair, it's completely normal sprinting, just unlucky happened. If it wasn't Groenewegen who wanted to win so much, maybe Boonen or Greipel would choose to back out, but he did nothing wrong trying to win. They were clearly side by side, if not how could Debusschere's arm touching Groenewegen's arm ?

Btw it was Golas first road race win in his career, excluding national championships.

PeterB said:
Come on. Pause the video at 2:32. DG is only slightly behind. JDB should have respected there's a rider between him and the barrier. Being slightly to the front does not give him right to do what he did. They were 25 metres from the line and both should have right to complete their sprinting.
If your front wheel is always behind your competitor's wheel, you're not really side by side.
Space closed in on him, not by malevolence, but because there's a gentle curve in the road. He chose to keep on trying to pass nevertheless. Normally, you'd back out and accept you chose the wrong side. Now he doesn't. His choice, not JDBs fault as far as I'm concerned. Pull a straight line from picture 1 to picture 2, and you end up where JDB is. He didn't swerve.

jaylew said:
TMP402 said:
Bouhanni continues drudging his weary way around provincial France, cursed to win untelevised races for eternity. This weekend, Grand Prix d'Isbergues.

That's a bit harsh. There were those 2 wins at the Dauphiné earlier this year and he's got two victories outside of France.

I looked and you're right, it's mostly my imagination, yet it does somehow feel that he has won about 30 French 1.1 races since the start of May.

TMP402 said:
jaylew said:
TMP402 said:
Bouhanni continues drudging his weary way around provincial France, cursed to win untelevised races for eternity. This weekend, Grand Prix d'Isbergues.

That's a bit harsh. There were those 2 wins at the Dauphiné earlier this year and he's got two victories outside of France.

I looked and you're right, it's mostly my imagination, yet it does somehow feel that he has won about 30 French 1.1 races since the start of May.

I think in general all the French sprinters clean up on those little races in France.

Velolover2 said:
TMP402 said:
Now Kittel abandons Omloop van het Houtland after struggling at the back.. Poor guy. He won the race in '12 and '13.
What's wrong with him? He has been really bad for the entire season. And sick for almost an year.

The way I understand it he was sick early in the season.
Then he tried to come back before he was ready, getting more sick, and so on.

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Hugo Koblet said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Congrats to Pinot. This race was great last year as well, pity that it doesn't get the coverage because of some stupid one-day race that has to pad its startlist out with national teams cos it can't attract any big squads.
What? :confused:
Lots of alkalinity in that comment.

The race is no longer four flat sprint stages. There are hilly stages this year as well as the prologue.

Not many big names this year. Former winners Roelandts and de Busschere are here, as well as van Asbroeck, Hofland, de Gendt, Ligthart, Haller, Braendle, Haussler, Napolitano, Leukemans, Wallays, Bos, Ciolek, Pauwels, and Vachon.

TRENDING THREADS