• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is basically a bad KBK though. But better than Scheldeprijs.

Evenepoel confronting other riders about not taking turns again. It's good to be assertive and have character. I even heard that asertiveness was something EBH lacked a bit (which is why he never really confirmed the insane physical talent) but I really hope this won't eventually turn other riders against him.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
Without Mørkøv occupying a spot in the line of riders between Merlier in the front and Cavendish a little further back, Cavendish would have won, I think, because he would have had to claw less distance back. But hard to know during the sprint.

Cavendish wins if he follows Morkov.
Did you see his interview? He was saying there was some Jumbo guy in there whose sole purpose seemed to be to disrupt Cav’s position. So, , he lost Morkv but then found himself behind Akkerman who didn’t seem to have the legs and started his sprinlate and Cav had to go the long way round.

The other interesting take was that he reckoned Merlier was probably the fastest guy in the world right now. I wonder if Sam Bennett saw that!

And Groenewegen a mere tenth.

Did you see his interview? He was saying there was some Jumbo guy in there whose sole purpose seemed to be to disrupt Cav’s position. So, , he lost Morkv but then found himself behind Akkerman who didn’t seem to have the legs and started his sprinlate and Cav had to go the long way round.

The other interesting take was that he reckoned Merlier was probably the fastest guy in the world right now. I wonder if Sam Bennett saw that!

And Groenewegen a mere tenth.

I watched the interview - I also watched the race and Morkov spent the last 2kms looking over his shoulder searching for. Cavendish

Daan Soete from Group HENS - Maes Containers CX won the cobbled, uphill and quite technical 631 m prologue of the Oberösterreich Rundfahrt in Linz in front of his teammate Lander Loockx. Pretty hectic production with the riders starting every minute and not using much more than that to finish the stage. It didn't make it better that they sometimes decided to show a full run of a slow rider and skipping most of faster rider's to show someone else starting or some random slowmos. You didn't actually have to see many full runs though, cause after 20 seconds you already knew whether a rider was doing well or not.

Jan Bárta was on his way to a decent time, when he had a mechanical in the last corners. Immanuel Stark from P&S Metalltechnik wasn't doing quite as well when he dropped his chain in the last hundred meters and had to run to the finish line.

Daan Soete from Group HENS - Maes Containers CX won the cobbled, uphill and quite technical 631 m prologue of the Oberösterreich Rundfahrt in Linz in front of his teammate Lander Loockx. Pretty hectic production with the riders starting every minute and not using much more than that to finish the stage. It didn't make it better that they sometimes decided to show a full run of a slow rider and skipping most of faster rider's to show someone else starting or some random slowmos. You didn't actually have to see many full runs though, cause after 20 seconds you already knew whether a rider was doing well or not.

Jan Bárta was on his way to a decent time, when he had a mechanical in the last corners. Immanuel Stark from P&S Metalltechnik wasn't doing quite as well when he dropped his chain in the last hundred meters and had to run to the finish line.

Oh, what do I see... new contenders for the coolest names in the peloton, Federspiel (featherplay) and Wollenberg (mountain of wool), staying close to each other.

Oh, what do I see... new contenders for the coolest names in the peloton, Federspiel (featherplay) and Wollenberg (mountain of wool), staying close to each other.
Federspiel is a beast, multiple time MTB eliminator WC, 2 time NC in XC and last year he was 2nd in the Austrian NC RR.
When he was still just training for the eliminator MTB race he could produce up to 2500W in a sprint.

In other news, the ultramythical Igor Frolov won the first road stage of the Five Rings of Moscow race.
For those who don't know him, he's the kind of guy who actually posts rides where he does 6.9 W/KG for 24min on Strava.
EQUj0lJWoAIS3Jt

Send this guy to the Volta asap!

TRENDING THREADS