• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm impressed by Tesfatsion, 12th in his 2nd race after turning pro with Androni, right there in the Nibali/Valverde group. I know that he was good because of his results in the Italian post-lockdown u23 races last season and he also won the Tour de Rwanda, but still impressive!

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm impressed by Tesfatsion, 12th in his 2nd race after turning pro with Androni, right there in the Nibali/Valverde group. I know that he was good because of his results in the Italian post-lockdown u23 races last season and he also won the Tour de Rwanda, but still impressive!
Yep, great performance. Other notable youngsters doing well today:

Buitrago 13th
Aleotti 14th
Ghirmay 16th (ok we already knew he's good, I thought he'd do better today)
Romo 18th
Colleoni 24th
Umba 34th
Abner Gonzalez 35th

Yep, great performance. Other notable youngsters doing well today:

Buitrago 13th
Aleotti 14th
Ghirmay 16th (ok we already knew he's good, I thought he'd do better today)
Romo 18th
Colleoni 24th
Umba 34th
Abner Gonzalez 35th
You forgot:
21. Davide Rebellin at 1:13

Live on Sporza and Eurosport.

Curious about Jordi Meeus. Philipsen should always podium, but he has been a bit off so far this year.
Would love to see Cave win too, but the race might be a bit too hard with the rain+wind and more cobbles than before.
Me too on Cav. I'd be well chuffed for him.

I tend to agree though. Might end up being a bit too selective for him. We could even see someone like Sep upset the sprinters this year.

Zoccarato is an interesting fast rouleur in the breakaway. Last year he managed t finish 3rd from the breakaway on the Mortirolo stage that Pidcock won despite being 74kg heavvy (while being 183cm tall). e alsofinishd 5th in the Piccolo Giro di Lombarda in 2019, ahead of guys like Sleen, Einer Rubio, Aleoti, Foss, Conca and Colleoni. Let's hope that Bardiani won't ruin him like so many other young Italian during the last few years...

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS