• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Giro de Veneto now Live
86a5d7d0-4967-429a-bdc0-4a0fc6de1668

2b04e7a3-ef29-4337-9103-e1bfde791ab5

Reactions: Sandisfan
If Trentin can't deal with that order after the recent fiascos, he should look for a smaller team where he is the best option even in this form.

Still when you got one of your riders away in a three man group with a good chance of winning, I can't see the problem in pursuing that chance. If Covi was nearly empty after his attacks, then it wasn't a wrong call IMO.

Reactions: Sandisfan
What was the other one?

Settimana Ciclistica Italiana.

According to this article the race was cancelled because the local politicians decided to back SCI instead of Giro di Sardegna, which meant that there wasn't enough money in their budget.

Britain Nat ITT
  1. Ethan Hayter
  2. Dan Bigham
  3. James Shaw
Shaw has done well this season. Any word of a return to WT or ProConti ranks?

Hayter's younger brother won the U23s.
Vaughters lot seems to be the concensus view, but don't think I've seen confirmation. Deserves another crack at it.

Hayter really is having an impressive season. Sprints, hills, cobbles, track, TT, GC, he can do it - consistently too. I wonder where he and Ineos see his future? I've not studied the start list yet for Sunday, but he'll probably start favourite to do the double.

Vaughters lot seems to be the concensus view, but don't think I've seen confirmation. Deserves another crack at it.

Hayter really is having an impressive season. Sprints, hills, cobbles, track, TT, GC, he can do it - consistently too. I wonder where he and Ineos see his future? I've not studied the start list yet for Sunday, but he'll probably start favourite to do the double.

The continental riders will be favourites if they work well together, especially considering the depleted numbers of WT riders.

TRENDING THREADS