• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
Anthony Perez won the Classic Loire Atlantique (1.1) yesterday. Biggest news however was Mathieu Burgaudeau, stage winner in Paris-Nice, crashing out and suffering big injuries. Apparently he fractured a colarbone and shoulder blade and has a collapsed lung. Really sad news.

After just winning a stage in Paris-Nice. A reminder what a dangerous sport this can be.

Hope he comes back stronger.

So close for Askey and Lapeira at Cholet. Caught with a few hundred metres remaining. Askey is a beast, but surely someone at FDJ can tell him to stop attacking so much and conserve a bit of energy.

I think it was always going to end in a bit of a bunch sprint (or reduced bunch sprint). Worked out for AG2R in the end anyway. But yeah, wow, Askey is really strong. With that close cut hair and lanky body he looks a bit like MvDP on the bike.

I think it was always going to end in a bit of a bunch sprint (or reduced bunch sprint). Worked out for AG2R in the end anyway. But yeah, wow, Askey is really strong. With that close cut hair and lanky body he looks a bit like MvDP on the bike.

Very similar in the way MVDP rides as well it seems. Really hoping they give him a full cobbles season. He's only down for E3 so far.

I just think it's a little confusing that the Alfredo referred to in this race is not Alfredo Binda, as over in the WWT race held today, but rather Alfredo Martini.

Last year they rode it the day after, and I remember Thomas Bay refering to it as being the men's version of Trofeo Binda on his and Holm's podcast, so they were definitely a bit confused, too.

It doesn't help that the Giro della Toscana is also dedicated to Alfredo Martini.