• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cofidis have one rider in the break and two in the chase group, really good ride on their part so far.

They should work in the chasegroup tho. With Zingle and Allegaert they have 2 riders who can win. Don't think Wallaeys has a shot in front.

I don't know if they're going to close down that 2 minute gap tho. The hills are done. Pretty sure the break just hold back a bit on the hills to keep the 10 guys together.

Nice to see that Lotto and Bex are racing for 11th place. That are the smarts that brought them this close to relegation I guess.

There's no way you think Lotto isn't trying to catch the break all day. They made a huge mistake letting that break go, but they're the only team that has been chasing today. They're even riding while they don't stand a chance in a sprint.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Trying and being smart about it are two separat things. First letting this breakaway go so far away was bad. Then pushing the split with the Ineos guys was not smart in my opinion as they still had the numbers behind and other teams that are able to help. Then after they got catched they attacked with the other riders instad of going to the front as they are right now. The easily gave the breakaway 30 secs more leash with those actions.

But granted BEX is even worse. They have Matthews in the race but they are not helping out at the moment.

I think right now it's 50/50 if the breakaway makes it. The gap is going down but I think some of the guys in the break have something left and the peleton could run out of helpers in the last 5k.

Clipboard.jpg