• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The route change has improved this race so much. They used to only climb the first of the two steps of this climb and it was usually a reduced bunch sprint. Last year they added the full-length climb for the final laps and now it's in every lap.

Thanks. Watched it for the first time time today and thought it was a great course. But was wondering how Kristoff had won it three times.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Sagan finished 69th ahead of ....Quinn Simmons who came in at 75th out of 80. Yikes. Both having terrible years. At least they finished I guess.

Simmons was very recently doing long training sessions with his father and brother in Colorado. I think it was even last weekend (not sure, but I recall seeing that in social media very recently), so he should have traveled and gone straight to racing.

I also think calling it terrible years is a bit harsh. Sure it's not Evenepoel level of results but winning Tour de Wallonie as a 1st and a half year pro is not terrible and he was also very good in the beginning of this season (good performance in Strade Bianche and very strong overall in Tirreno-Adriatico, winning the KOM) before falling ill before the classics.

Simmons was very recently doing long training sessions with his father and brother in Colorado. I think it was even last weekend (not sure, but I recall seeing that in social media very recently), so he should have traveled and gone straight to racing.

I also think calling it terrible years is a bit harsh. Sure it's not Evenepoel level of results but winning Tour de Wallonie as a 1st and a half year pro is not terrible and he was also very good in the beginning of this season (good performance in Strade Bianche and very strong overall in Tirreno-Adriatico, winning the KOM) before falling ill before the classics.
Ah, I was referring to his 2022 season so far, only 75 PCS points and most from that stellar result at SB. I didn't know he fell ill, could explain why he slumped so hard since.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ah, I was referring to his 2022 season so far, only 75 PCS points and most from that stellar result at SB. I didn't know he fell ill, could explain why he slumped so hard since.

Yes, after Tirreno and before going to Belgium. I think it was the same kind of flu/bug that caught several riders of the peloton at that period. When he returned racing the legs he felt at Tirreno weren't there.

TRENDING THREADS