• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 88 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What was Alpecin doing here tbh? They waited so long to chase when they had noone in the front group. Atleast Cofidis and Arkea tried.

And Lotto's tactics are also questionable. But i kind of get that they wanted to give Gilbert a chance at a podium here (he was never going to win tho).

uci Gravel worlds with a pretty impressive startlist of current pros. Other than Adam Roberge I dont really see any big names from the gravel world.
I'm sure they are poo-pooing it but hard to dismiss the allure of the rainbow bands
Shame its only on flobikes. I havent logged onto Tiz in like a year, might have to check and see if they have it

So many teams are sending climbers to Gran Piemonte. Obvious to everyone but RCS that a sprint race isn't what is required at this spot in the calendar...
the climb isn't super easy (same one as in the Torino stage in the Giro this year), but probably too far out for a real selection, yeah

il-pilonetto-sambuy.png

Quite a good field in Langkawi this year. Should be a good GC battle on the two MTFs.

UAE: Bennett & Costa
Cofidis: I.Izagirre
Lotto: Moniquet
Movistar: Jorgenson, Sosa & Rubio
EF: Carthy & Chaves
Astana: Moscon? H.Lopez?
Uno-X: Charmig & Træen, maybe even Eg can be interesting?
Androni: Sepulveda
Burgos: Okamika?
China Glory: Sean Bennett

At the end of the season like this I suppose it's mostly about who is still mentally fresh and motivated. Torstein Træen was really good in the last hard stage in Croatia, maybe he can step up here? Favorites should be among the WT-riders.

TRENDING THREADS