• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The last climb was simply positioned too far from the finish. I thought Van Empel went too early, but she wasn't too far away.

It also looks like Persico could have won, if she had found a way through. It was also funny to see Paula Patiño doing a leadout.

Last edited:
Thanks to Lippert, I at least get some points in the prediction game...

Of course, I did gamble by not selecting Vollering.
I hesitated over whether to go for Uttrup or Niewiadoma with my second GC pick (the Vollering pick would have been obvious even if I didn't have a now long-standing policy of picking Vollering in every race she does in the game) and, just like in the CQ game, came down favouring Cille. I just thought she's historically been better on these climbs of 10km or more than Kasia who has tended to max out at 5-8km climbs as her sweet spot, but has been better on the longer ones this year.

Kicking myself. Since I also had Lippert as my stage huntress, I literally could have had maximum points from this one.

I hesitated over whether to go for Uttrup or Niewiadoma with my second GC pick (the Vollering pick would have been obvious even if I didn't have a now long-standing policy of picking Vollering in every race she does in the game) and, just like in the CQ game, came down favouring Cille. I just thought she's historically been better on these climbs of 10km or more than Kasia who has tended to max out at 5-8km climbs as her sweet spot, but has been better on the longer ones this year.

Kicking myself. Since I also had Lippert as my stage huntress, I literally could have had maximum points from this one.

I see I also got some points from Niewiadoma.

Those who have worked on their sprint/explosiveness have suffered a bit on the longer climbs, see e.g. AMP and CUL, while I guess Liopert is in the same categaory. FDJ should absolutely go with Cavalli for mountains while CUl is better or as good in the hilly/classics races, imo, especially since Cavallii’s crash and her subsequent understandable hesitation to fight for position in the peloton.
Also, yay Solbjork Minke Anderson in Watersley;)

I gotta say I didn't think Vittoria Bussi would be able to reclaim the hour record. She obviously has more track and record attempt experience than Van Dijk plus the (possible) advantage of riding at altitude, but surpassing the old record by more than a 1000 m and thereby being the first woman to reach 50 km is no small feat for a mathematician.

I gotta say I didn't think Vittoria Bussi would be able to reclaim the hour record. She obviously has more track and record attempt experience than Van Dijk plus the (possible) advantage of riding at altitude, but surpassing the old record by more than a 1000 m and thereby being the first woman to reach 50 km is no small feat for a mathematician.

Excuse me, this is the lesser known women's road racing thread.