• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think it's been pretty well explained what happened at this stage, how she wasn't scheduled to race, she'd already put the device on, and how she thought it'd be okay to leave it on once she wasn't actively receiving the data. She was wrong, but hey, people misinterpret the rules all the time. She fessed up, she's paying the price for her error. Ditto the team.

Reactions: jmdirt and yaco
I find it strange that its fine to use a power meter and a health rate monitor but the glucose monitor is forbidden
Yeah but you also think people should just lie about not using them - so what the actual, eh? What you find strange is hardly relevant to anything.

Also, there's a world of difference between something that stabs needles into your arm and a strap you wear around your chest, or is that too complicated for you to comprehend?

You'd think preventing riders from potentially bonking - with the health-issues that might cause - would be a good thing.
Comedy. I didn't know they did that in Denmark.

It's a well known fact that bonking has side-lined more riders and for longer than, say, oh, I don't know, top of my head here ... broken collarbones. Yeah, let's fix that and damn the costs or consequences. Don't want those riders getting hangry, you won't like them riders when they're hangry.

Comedy. I didn't know they did that in Denmark.

It's a well known fact that bonking has side-lined more riders and for longer than, say, oh, I don't know, top of my head here ... broken collarbones. Yeah, let's fix that and damn the costs or consequences. Don't want those riders getting hangry, you won't like them riders when they're hangry.

She hardly got an unfair advantage from wearing it...

The whole thing just seems so stupid, considering there was literally a random car on the route in a recent race. I've yet to read any headlines about the UCI conducting an investigation into how that could happen.

Reactions: jmdirt
Also, there's a world of difference between something that stabs needles into your arm and a strap you wear around your chest, or is that too complicated for you to comprehend?
Except that continuous glucose monitors don't "stab needles into your arm". Its principle is in fact the same as the heart rate monitor - both include a sensor placed in/on your skin. There's very little difference between them, the main being that one requires analysing body fluids while the other doesn't.

Last edited:
Clipboard.png

Reactions: JosefK
races stay boring with sd worx domination. People complain about budget differences between the mens teams and then there is SD with a higher budget than the next two teams combined...
That may be but it's also just a well run team. They 'bought' Wiebes, true, but the rest of their riders have really developed on the team itself. Even Kopecky, she wasn't bad when they signed her but she's a level better now.