• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 129 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They had images earlier, so probably just due to the weather.
Sorry, but bad weather is no excuse for me. Bad weather can happen all the time. If you have trouble then to produce images because of the poor population then you should ask yourself if this reagion is suitable for a WT race.

We had other races where the weather is much worse and still get images.

But this happens now the second time (2022 and 2024). If a region has not a good telecommunication network and you can't produce images because of only rain, then in my opinion this region is not a good choice for a race.

Teams for Tour of Britain Women announced, does seem alot of WWT teams are voting with their feet on it

Team SD Worx - Protime
Liv AlUla Jayco
Team dsm-firmenich PostNL
Human Powered Health
AG Insurance - Soudal Team
Cofidis Women Team
Lifeplus Wahoo
Hess Cycling Team
Doltcini O'Shea
DAS - Hutchinson - Brother - UK
Alba Development Road Team
VolkerWessels Women's Pro Cycling Team
St Michel - Mavic - Auber93 WE
Torelli

Reactions: Didinho
Teams for Tour of Britain Women announced, does seem alot of WWT teams are voting with their feet on it

Team SD Worx - Protime
Liv AlUla Jayco
Team dsm-firmenich PostNL
Human Powered Health
AG Insurance - Soudal Team
Cofidis Women Team
Lifeplus Wahoo
Hess Cycling Team
Doltcini O'Shea
DAS - Hutchinson - Brother - UK
Alba Development Road Team
VolkerWessels Women's Pro Cycling Team
St Michel - Mavic - Auber93 WE
Torelli
Yikes, definitely looks like a bit of a struggle to secure A-listers for them, although the SweetSpot era race was definitely struggling compared to earlier years towards the end too. It still at least had a strong roster of the top teams, whereas this looks like there's a significant lack of top end teams, though I guess Visma might have gone along if Henderson was healthy. Suspect the DSM team will be most of the British riders, although they might send Kool and Georgi as co-leaders I guess. No Canyon, Trek, Fenix, Visma, FDJ, Movistar or UAE is a lot of big teams to be missing though. Even EF, who I thought would be a lock, too.

Yikes, definitely looks like a bit of a struggle to secure A-listers for them, although the SweetSpot era race was definitely struggling compared to earlier years towards the end too. It still at least had a strong roster of the top teams, whereas this looks like there's a significant lack of top end teams, though I guess Visma might have gone along if Henderson was healthy. Suspect the DSM team will be most of the British riders, although they might send Kool and Georgi as co-leaders I guess. No Canyon, Trek, Fenix, Visma, FDJ, Movistar or UAE is a lot of big teams to be missing though. Even EF, who I thought would be a lock, too.

the thing is Canyon, Trek, Visma, UAE are taking part in Ride London, which isnt exactly the WWTs best race either, which makes it look even more like a snub for the ToBw., not exactly going to do the sponsor hunt or media coverage any favours, which was my concern for trying to rush it back like this. you end up with this race that just doesnt work properly and is actually harming the chances for the future of it.

I mean we're two days away from Ride London starting and theres barely any media coverage promoting the race is happening, even locally to Essex. Tv coverage is hidden away online again or on the Beebs digital channel, and yet its quite established as a thing.

the ToBw might get better name recognition and no doubt BC will push it to their media pals as some kind of preOlympic pact, but who's going to watch it ?

Im most surprised Trek arent taking part, given how effusive Lizzie D was about the importance of the race, I know shes almost contractually obliged by BC to say nice things about BC, but still I suppose theres enough time they could change their minds.

Kopecky won stage 1 of the Tour de Feminin.

julia-kopecky-2023.jpeg

Reactions: Didinho