• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 141 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vollering paced that ride beautifully when you consider she was down 24 seconds to Longo-Borghini at checkpoint two.

exactly, it looked like the fastest times for that last sector from T2 were around the 10mins mark, which would have put Vollering at 40:12 and possibly behind Kadzow as well at best, interestingly ELBs time was gained in T1-T2, as she took the longest of the riders in the top 5, ~11mins to finish the last sector.

but Vollering in the end did the last sector in 9mins30. and she said post race she paced upto T2, then went all in on the final 4km and didnt even look at the power meter, just went on feel and thats how she did it.very impressive riding,

I didnt see the start so dont know if they mucked about with swapping TT bikes for road bikes in T1, which apparently the men are planning to do. I know some of the womens teams said they were just road biking it the whole way.

It's very much one of those where the result in a vacuum is zero surprise whatsoever, but the negative split on the upper part of the climb is still seriously impressive.
It would be nice to know the exact average gradient of the T1-T2 split and T2-T3 split to say if other riders just collapsed or not, but I think it's very much in Vollerings style to pace the first 2/3rds of the climb more conservatively,

It would be nice to know the exact average gradient of the T1-T2 split and T2-T3 split to say if other riders just collapsed or not, but I think it's very much in Vollerings style to pace the first 2/3rds of the climb more conservatively,
RQ3888U.png

T1 at 436 m altitude.
T2 at 996 m altitude.
Finish at 1249 m altitude.